28 • Austin

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

"No! Don't leave!" Stella whined tiredly, climbing onto Lizzie's body to stop the blonde from getting up from bed. "You stay," the brunette grumbled, hugging Lizzie as her eyes drifted shut again.

"Baby, we spent an entire two weeks together. I need to go," Lizzie sighed heavily, her hands gently resting on Stella's shoulders as she looked into the German's eyes. Despite her words, she made no real effort to push Stella off of her. "You can visit me in just three weeks," she added, trying to offer some comfort.

"That's way too long!" Stella protested, squeezing Lizzie tighter, not wanting to let go. "Just five more minutes? Please," she pleaded, hoping to savor every last moment with her.

"No, come on," Lizzie said gently but firmly, sitting up and watching Stella fall into her lap with a huff. Lizzie carefully pushed the brunette off of her and got up, making her way into the bathroom for a quick shower. As she showered, a loud plane flew over the house, causing the room to shake slightly. Confused, Stella sat up, looking out the window to see the plane flying unusually low. She marveled at how such a heavy and massive object could move through the air with such grace.

"That was so weird," the girl whispered to herself, looking out the window to see the plane flying really low. Stella studied how the aircraft flew through the air like it was weightless, it always baffled her how something could bend air to its very will.

The sound of running water from the bathroom snapped Stella out of her thoughts. She stretched her arms and got out of bed, moving downstairs at a leisurely pace. She decided to ignore all texts from her parents for now, not in the mood to deal with any potential pressure or revelations.

Humming to herself, Stella stepped into the kitchen, deciding to make Lizzie one last meal before the woman had to leave for Texas to start filming Love and Death. Cooking helped her distract herself from the sadness of Lizzie's departure.

Stella couldn't help but feel upset that Lizzie was leaving, but she knew it was for the better. Lizzie loved acting, and Stella couldn't imagine standing in the way of her passion. Instead, she focused on the excitement of flying to visit Lizzie in three weeks. They had already planned to spend a week together to celebrate Stella's upcoming birthday, and that gave her something to look forward to amidst the temporary separation.

Struggling with the weight of her massive suitcase, Lizzie slowly made her way down the grand staircase, while Stella stood at the bottom, giggling at the sight. "Are you ready to go?" Stella asked, playfully holding up Lizzie's car keys in her hands.

"Yes, I am. Thank you," Lizzie replied with relief as her suitcase finally touched the floor, taking the keys from Stella's outstretched hand.

"Let's go," the girl with brown eyes offered, taking Lizzie's suitcase from her and leading the way to the garage.

"Um, I thought I might go to the airport alone?" Lizzie said hesitantly, watching Stella turn around quickly at her words.

"What? I want to spend as much time with you as I can. Just five minutes, then?" Stella pleaded, hoping to convince Lizzie to let her come along.

"You can't come, the airport is a paparazzi playground, and I need to go now to make my flight," Lizzie denied, seeing the sadness in Stella's frown.

"See you soon," the emerald-eyed woman pulled Stella in for a long hug, feeling the girl sniffle against her shoulder.

"I'll miss you," Stella whispered.

"Me too, baby. We can FaceTime," Lizzie reassured her, gently caressing Stella's back. "Goodbye," she added, planting a tender kiss on Stella's ear before leaving. The sound of the door closing behind her haunted Stella, and she realized she was now alone in the silent, empty house.