25 • Saturday Markets

a/n: Look at the pfp, LOOK AT HER!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Stella flew in yesterday by herself, since Lukas went straight back to Italy to see his family again. Lizzie offered to pick her up from the airport kindly, which she accepted.

Stella awoke in the dead of night, trembling with fear. She wearily sat up, surveying the unfamiliar expanse of the room. Lizzie lay on her stomach, her naked back exposed, rising and falling in a steady rhythm.

A surge of panic coursed through Stella as she realized her emergency insulin bag was downstairs, in case her blood sugar was dangerously high. Uncertain whether her levels were too high or too low, she desperately hoped a mere sugar fix would suffice.

The girl reached out for her phone, which had emitted a red warning hours ago signaling low sugar levels. Opening the app, she was confronted by two prominent figures screaming at her—52 mg/dL.

"Lizzie," the brunette called out, shaking her friend awake. The blonde initially appeared bewildered, but swiftly sat up, clutching the blanket tightly to her chest.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" the blonde inquired, her concerned gaze fixed on Stella's distressed expression.

"I'm experiencing hypoglycemia," the brunette replied, her vision blurring while Lizzie's anxiety escalated upon hearing her words.

"Where is your insulin?" Lizzie asked.

"It's not that, I need sugar. Do you have any gummies or fruit juice?" Stella responded, and Lizzie nodded.

"Of course, just stay here and I'll go get it," the kind-hearted blonde offered. Lizzie quickly slipped a shirt over her bare chest before making her way downstairs.

As Stella watched the world spin before her eyes, she felt lightheaded and faint. Although only a few minutes had passed, it seemed as though hours had slipped by.

A lump formed in her throat, threatening to surface. The brunette urgently dashed into the bathroom, leaning her head over the toilet bowl and violently emptying the contents of her dinner.

"El?" Lizzie called out, entering the room with a bowl of sliced apples and a glass of orange juice. "Oh god," she murmured to herself, placing the food on top of the dresser before rushing to pull Stella's hair away from her face.

"I'm sorry," Stella apologized, flushing the toilet and leaning her back against the wall, with both women now sitting on the floor.

"You're okay, honey. Here," Lizzie reached for the apple slices and handed them to Stella. The brunette sighed with relief as she swallowed her first piece. In silence, she consumed the food while Lizzie observed, her features etched with concern. "Drink this too," the blonde offered, passing the glass of orange juice to Stella, who quickly consumed half of it.

"Thank you, Bee," Stella managed a small, grateful smile, feeling guilty for waking Lizzie up. Both women sat on the cold tiles, their skin covered in goosebumps, dressed minimally due to the events of the night before. "What time is it?"

"Um, just after 4 am," Lizzie checked her wristwatch.

"Oh, to hell with that. Let's go back to sleep, shall we?" Stella chuckled, and Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, me too," the blonde laughed, wearily rising from the floor. "Need a hand?" Lizzie offered, slowly helping Stella to her feet.

"Yup," Stella pushed herself up, battling the sensation of pins and needles in her legs. The brunette checked her sugar levels once more, noticing a slight rise that was still climbing. Lizzie climbed into bed first, unfazed as Stella settled on top of her. "Goodnight," Stella hummed, enveloped by the warmth emanating from the blonde, who felt so soft and cuddly.