13 • Familiar Stranger

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

"We are gathered here today in grief and sorrow, but we have also gathered to celebrate a life. We have come together to give thanks that we knew this vibrant person, and to express our gratitude for the days and years we were able to share with her. We are here to remember and memorialize a good and caring life. Mary is described by the closest to her as funny, caring, talented, and very stylish." a small chuckle came from the audience as sniffles and sobs fill the church.

June 1st, 2020
Mary, Stella, and Vicky were all sitting in the living room, enjoying each other's company and sipping on glasses of wine. They were in the middle of a heated game of Trivial Pursuit when Mary suddenly let out a loud sneeze.

Stella turned to her and said, "Bless you, Mary."

Vicky, always one to inject some humour into any situation, immediately chimed in and said, "You know, I heard that if you sneeze with your eyes open, your eyeballs will pop out."

Mary's eyes widened in horror as she exclaimed, "Really?! That's terrifying!"

Stella, trying to keep a straight face, added, "And I also heard that if you hold your breath, it will stop the sneeze from coming out."

Mary, not knowing whether to believe them or not, held her breath and tried to stifle the sneeze.

After a few seconds, Vicky couldn't contain her laughter any longer and burst out giggling. Stella and Mary quickly followed suit, and soon the three of them were all laughing so hard that they were gasping for breath.

It may have been a silly moment, but it was one that they all remembered fondly. It was just one of the many times that they had shared laughter and joy together, and it was a testament to the special bond that they all shared.

The brunette is sitting in the second row of the cathedral as her hand clutches to Vicky's.

"We may be saying goodbye to Mary, but her memory will live on through the love she shared with us. Let us honour her legacy by carrying on her kindness, compassion, and strength in our own lives. So, let us take a moment to reflect on the memories we shared with our beloved Mary. She brought so much joy and laughter to our lives, and we will forever cherish the moments we spent with her." the pastor reads out loud.

April 28th 2021
It was a warm summer day when Vicky, Stella, and Mary decided to take their painting gear and head to the park. They spread out a large blanket on the soft grass and set up their easels and paints, ready to create their masterpieces.

As they worked, they chatted and laughed, enjoying the peace and beauty of the surroundings. The gentle breeze carried the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers, and the birds chirped happily in the trees.

Vicky painted a stunning landscape, capturing the vibrant colours of the sky and the lush greenery of the trees. Stella focused on painting the park's fountain, trying to capture its intricate details and the way the water sparkled in the sun. Mary, on the other hand, painted a portrait of Vicky and Stella, capturing their smiles and laughter as they worked.

As they painted, passers-by would stop and admire their work, often sharing a few kind words and compliments. It was a wonderful feeling to have their art appreciated by others.

As the sun began to set and the park emptied, the three friends gathered their paintings and carefully packed up their gear. They hugged each other, promising to do it again soon.

That day in the park would remain a cherished memory for them, a beautiful moment of friendship, creativity, and nature coming together in perfect harmony.