16 • Tea?

Wow, aren't I just your favourite Author ever? Damn right I am.

                  ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Stella stood at the doorway of her oma's cozy living room, her suitcase in hand. She looked at her beloved grandmother with a mixture of sadness and gratitude as she knitted away at a white scarf. "Oma, it's time for us to go again," Stella said, her voice filled with a hint of melancholy. Oma's eyes filled with tears as she embraced her granddaughter tightly.

"I will miss you so much, my dear Stella," Oma whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. Stella held back her own tears, trying to stay strong.

"I'll miss you too, Oma. But we'll visit again soon, I promise," Stella reassured her, her voice filled with determination. Oma nodded, wiping away a tear.

"Take care, my sweet girl. Remember, no matter where you go, you will always have a home here in Germany." Stella hugged her oma one last time, cherishing the warmth and love that enveloped them.

"I love you, Oma," Stella whispered, her voice cracking as she reached into her pocket to pull out a neatly written letter.

"Ich liebe dich auch, mein Schatz," Oma replied, her voice filled with love as she took the piece of paper from the girl. And with that heartfelt exchange, Stella turned away, her heart heavy but her spirit hopeful for their next reunion and a plane to catch.

Dear Oma,

As I sit down to write this letter, my heart is filled with bittersweet emotions. The time has come for us to say goodbye once again, as we are leaving Germany for a long time. It's always hard to say farewell, especially knowing how much I'll miss you and the memories we've created during our stay here.

Living in Germany has been an incredible experience, thanks to you. You have shown me the beauty of this country, its rich history, and its warm-hearted people. The moments we've shared together, from exploring charming villages to savoring delicious homemade meals, will forever hold a special place in my heart.

You have been more than a grandmother to me; you've been a mentor, a confidante, and a constant source of love and wisdom. Your gentle guidance and unconditional support have shaped me into the person I am today. I am forever grateful for the lessons you've taught me and the values you've instilled in me.

Leaving behind our family and the life we've built here is not easy, but I am comforted by the knowledge that our bond knows no distance. Though we may be physically apart, our love and connection will remain strong. I will carry your stories, your laughter, and your warmth with me, no matter where I go.

I promise to cherish the memories we've made and to keep them close to my heart. I will hold onto the lessons you've taught me and strive to live a life that reflects your wisdom and love. Distance may separate us, but the strength of our relationship will endure.

Thank you, Oma, for everything you have given me. I am who I am today because of your love and guidance. Though this goodbye is difficult, I am grateful for the time we've had together and excited for the adventures that lie ahead. Until we meet again, please know that you will always be in my thoughts and that I carry your love with me, wherever I may go.

With all my love,

Stella

New York City
Lizzie's POV

"Mary Kate, I have to go," the fair-haired woman concluded her two-week break spent with her sisters. The twins sensed her need for moral support, yet no matter their efforts, Lizzie refused to divulge her troubles.