36 • Oopsie Daisies

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

The afternoon sun lazily filtered through the window, casting a warm, golden glow over the living room. Stella sat at the grand piano, her nimble fingers caressing the ivory keys with delicate precision. The notes she produced filled the room, a gentle and soothing melody that seemed to dance through the air.

Lizzie reclined on the couch, her posture relaxed as she watched Stella play. Her gaze was a mix of admiration and contentment. These chill afternoons were some of her favorites, and she couldn't have asked for a more perfect soundtrack to accompany her thoughts.

"Baby!" Lizzie called, getting a small 'yup' echo from the other room as the sound of the piano came to a halt. "Scarlett wants to come over, is that alright with you?"

"Of course, Liz," Stella hummed out, continuing to practice a new song she had written days ago.

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door, and it swung open to reveal Scarlett Johansson, who had become a close friend of Lizzie's over the years.

"Hey, Lizzie," Scarlett greeted with a warm smile, taking a casual step into the room. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

Lizzie flashed a grin, sitting up and waving Scarlett over. "Not at all, Scar. Stella's just doing her thing."

Scarlett nodded appreciatively, casting a quick greeting toward Stella at the piano. "Hey, Stella, sounds beautiful."

Stella paused her playing and turned, a polite smile on her face. "Thanks, Scarlett. Nice to see you again."

Lizzie and Scarlett wandered into the kitchen together, their conversation flowing effortlessly. "You were here quick, did you text me as you were pulling up?" Lizzie teased and Scarlett chuckled.

"You betcha, I was going to show up unannounced but I remember when I did that not two years ago I walked in on something not very-"

"Okay, I get it!" Lizzie cut her off, her cheeks red as she was forced to relive the embarrassing memory. Scarlett walked in on Lizzie in just her underwear and bra, headphones in as she was dancing around without a thought to the world.

They chatted for about ten minutes as they prepared coffee, catching up on life and sharing stories from recent events.

"It's been forever since we caught up like this," Scarlett remarked as she watched Lizzie pour hot water into a pair of mugs.

Lizzie leaned against the counter, a nostalgic twinkle in her eyes as Scarlett sat down on a stool. "Tell me about it. Life's been a whirlwind lately."

Their conversation was momentarily interrupted by a sound that seemed to pull them both in. It was Stella, her voice as enchanting as her piano skills, singing softly as she continued to play. Scarlett was in awe, her gaze shifting toward Lizzie with a look of genuine amazement.

"Lizzie," Scarlett whispered, her voice filled with awe, "she's incredible. That voice, it's like... magic."

Lizzie nodded, her heart swelling with pride. "Yeah, she really is. I'm so lucky."

The two friends shared a moment of silent appreciation for Stella's talent before returning to their coffee. The soothing melodies filled the room, creating a tranquil atmosphere that wrapped around them like a warm embrace.

"You know," Scarlett began with a sly grin, "that video we took yesterday, the one where I kissed you on your cheek? It's been making quite the rounds online."

Lizzie and Scarlett continued sipping their coffee, the conversation now shifting to the events of yesterday's photoshoot. Lizzie's cheeks flushed as she recalled a particular moment from the shoot.