17 • James Gordon

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Stella stepped inside the serene apartment, gently closing the front door behind her. "Vicky, I have returned with our delightful dinner!" she called out, her voice filling the quiet space.

Emerging from her home, Vicky, her blonde hair tousled from a nap, appeared groggily. "Oh, what did you bring?" she inquired, her curiosity piqued.

Stella grinned, extracting two mouthwatering souvlakis from the bag. Vicky regarded her with a curious gaze, as if trying to decipher something about her. "What's the matter?" Stella asked, sensing the weight of Vicky's unspoken thoughts.

"Why do you conceal your accent?" Vicky asked sincerely, her question catching Stella off guard.

"Um, well... I don't know," Stella replied, shrugging nonchalantly. She continued to adopt an American accent, as she had done for countless years.

"In Germany, I heard you speak in your natural accent for the first time, and I loved it," Vicky enthused, causing Stella's shoulders to slump in defeat. "Why do you go to such lengths for others?"

"To fit in, I suppose? Like I said, I'm not sure," Stella attempted to brush off the topic, dismissing her own answers as she reached for two plates.

As Stella set the plates down, her phone illuminated with an incoming message, diverting her attention to the screen. She noticed the sender's name was Lizzie but was perplexed by the cryptic message. "CBS? What does this mean?" she wondered aloud.

"I'm not sure. Is that all she said?" Vicky inquired, peering at the screen. A light bulb moment sparked in the blonde's mind as she rushed over to the couch, searching for the remote control to change the channel.

"Please welcome the lovely Elizabeth Olsen!" a voice resonated through the room, prompting Stella to practically sprint towards the screen.

Grinning brightly at the reporter, Elizabeth Olsen expressed her gratitude, causing Stella's heart to flutter at the sight of her radiant smile

Grinning brightly at the reporter, Elizabeth Olsen expressed her gratitude, causing Stella's heart to flutter at the sight of her radiant smile. The reporter, James Gordon, delved into the interview, asking about Elizabeth's recent commitment to the role of Candy Montgomery.

"Yeah, so, right now, I'm taking a short break from filming. But when this script landed on my desk, I knew that playing Candy was the role I had wanted to take on for many years," the blonde answered warmly, exuding confidence with a touch of sweetness.

"Naw, will you miss your students? I can only imagine how challenging it must be to step away from such a rewarding endeavor, even if it means returning to acting," Gordon probed, evoking a sense of wistfulness in Elizabeth's response.

"For sure, I'll miss my class so much. But I'm grateful that I'll be able to finish the year with them before filming starts. I'm excited to see them graduate because they've all put in so much effort," Elizabeth enthused, eliciting a pang of sadness in Stella's heart. Was she leaving for good this time?