44 • Showers

hey pookie wookie
-Alley.
(My editor who didn't edit this)

The next day Lizzie was startled awake to her phone ringing constantly, a small groan of annoyance leaving the brunette's lips as she reached to answer. The clock read 6:50 am and it was a Sunday, who would be calling at this hour if not Satan himself?

"What?" She asks, her eyes fluttering closed as she held the phone to her ear lazily.

"Elizabeth, check today's tabloids." The voice of her publicist demanded and Lizzie's eyes opened instantly. "Posted at 6 am today, an intimate photo of you and Stella with the timestamp nearly a year ago,"

"What? Why would that be such a problem? We are out," Lizzie swung her legs over the side of the bed and put the phone on speaker to check her messages with a link to an article in it.

"Bee?" Stella mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she saw Lizzie turn to her.

"Sorry, baby. Go back to sleep," The brunette whispered, standing up to tuck the blanket into Stella and leaned over to kiss her hair quickly. Lizzie closed the bedroom door after her as she made her way downstairs with her head buried into her phone. "Sorry, Amanda?"

"Are you alone?" The woman over the phone asked.

"Yes," Lizzie sighed, just seeing the photo on the front cover on the daily news. It was the very first time they had spent the night together, both snuggled together under the silk blankets, their hair messy and wide smiles adorning their faces captured clearly in the dimly light ambiance.

"Smile, Olsen," Stella swiped to the camera, holding the phone up to capture both of them in the frame. Lizzie raised the blanket to cover Stella's chest before offering a wide smile to the phone. "Your smile is so beautiful," Stella sweetly commented, gazing up at the woman. Lizzie couldn't help but let a small smile grace her lips, planting a gentle kiss on the girl's nose in gratitude.

"The photo itself is not the problem, its the date under it," Amanda continued, Lizzie scrolled down to see an article written on how they had lied about the start of their relationship. "Lizzie, I'm going to be honest, this could end up in court,"

The blonde pulled out a seat at the empty dining table, taking a seat as she continued to read the brutal article. "What do we do?"

"I'lil confer with the team, right now get some sleep," Amanda sighs, unable to think of a solution by herself.

"Alright, thanks," Lizzie rubbed her hands over her face, pursing her lips as she hang up the phone. "Fuck," she groaned, spacing out in disbelief this could be happening.

//

Stella woke up to the sound of the shower running, rubbing her eyes as she sat up, she swung her legs over the side of the bed. Her phone started beeping at her, and she groaned in annoyance. Low sugar, great.

She pulled out a cartoon of apple juice from her bedside table draw, Lizzie insisted she kept one there for emergencies.

Stella stuck the straw in the top, starting to drink as she got up from the bed to open the bathroom door.

The blonde didn't expect to see Lizzie standing with both her hands on the tiles of the shower, leaning slightly forward to let the water run down her hair. Her face was covered by her dark wet hair, and her body tanned from the summertime heat.

Stella tilted her head in curiosity, placing the cartoon of juice on the counter as she pulled her shirt over her head. Without a thought, Stella opened the glass shower door, stepping in as quiet as she could.