45 • Cafes

Fall came faster than expected, a beautiful time of year with its vibrant colors and crisp air. As the nights become cooler, warm sweaters, cozy bonfires, and hot apple cider are the perfect way to enjoy the season.

"Bee!" Stella groaned, dropping the bundle of paper as Lizzie broke character once again. "C'mon, you really want this job!"

"Awe El, we've been doing this for hours. Let's have a break?" The brunette gave her an amused look, poking the German playfully.

"No, It's my fault you are getting turned down for roles. I can't bear the thought of your career being over because of me," Stella frowned, slumping back in her chair as she sighed heavily.

"Baby I know how you feel, and I'm sorry about the situation but if you can't enjoy life then what's the point?" Lizzie tried to lighten the mood, placing her lines next to her on the coffee table, and crossing her legs up on the couch.

"The point is I feel so bad and I can't help but think you might be better off without me," Stella mumbled, playing with her fingers as she stared down at the monochromatic endless lines of dialogue.

"Respectfully, shut the fuck up," Lizzie snapped, Stella's eyes wide as they looked up to Lizzie's fierce stare. She was speechless, Lizzie had never used such a tone with her. "Better off without you? What fucking bullshit is that?"

"If it weren't for me you would have gotten the North role with Scarlett," Stella reminded the brunette, adamant to get Lizzie to acknowledge the damage their relationship has come to make.

"I don't care what role I get or what job I take, you are my girlfriend and I will marry you one day. End of story," Lizzie's voice was firm, her words came out certain. Stella was at a loss for words, surprised at the mention of marriage. "I'm going to get tea for a break, want any?"

"Uh, yeah... yes please," Stella nodded, staring off at the lines of dialogue in front of her as she felt the couch shift as Lizzie stood up. The kettle started to boil as a vibration came from Stella's phone in her back pocket. The German snapped out of her daze and retrieved the device, glancing at the unusual contact.

Georgia
Hallo Stella, I know this is a little seltsam but I flew in last night with my family on holiday. Would you want to get coffee sometime this week? Oh, and my brother, Felix, hopes Vicky can come too!

"Baby, tea," Lizzie's voice made Stella jump, looking up to see Lizzie standing above her with two cups, trying to give one to the German.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Stella gave her an apologetic smile, taking the mug into her hands carefully and sighing contently at the sweet taste.

"Anytime, who was that?" Lizzie gave the girl a warm smile, leaning back on the couch's armrest to face Stella.

"A girl I met in Germany, apparently she is in the states and wants to meet again for coffee," Stella told her truthfully, wanting their relationship to be as open as they could be after the Vicky kerfuffle.

"Mmm, you should go," Lizzie took a sip of her tea, a small smile tugging on her lips.

"No, I don't want to," Stella shook her head, remembering the girl to be a bit too touchy the last time she met her.

"You need friends," The blonde blurted out and Stella chuckled.

"I have friends, okay?" Stella defended.

"No, no you don't," Lizzie quipped, a small smirk on her lips as she watched Stella try to name one.

"Well I have Mary, I speak to her a lot,"

"Honey, Mary's dead. Go and make some friends," Stella's jaw dropped at her directness, no sympathy coming from her. Lizzie just raised a challenging eyebrow and the German sighed in defeat.