CHAPTER - 2

Her best friend got out of his car and stands infront of her. "Sorry, I'm late" she shaked her head in response.

"Oh, my ex-brother-in-law, long time no see, what are you doing here..ahh..seems like you are lucky, you are destined to be my brother-in-law." Her fiance starts with his nonsense once again. Her best friend looks at him and bows, he is really polite and easy-going. Unlike, Aerin she is short-tempered like her mom(?).

She ignores to what he says and grabs her best friend's arm getting him in the car. She left him in the passenger seat and grabbed the key from his pocket, and made her way to the driver's side.

She immediately starts the car and leaves. There was silence for a moment and then he starts, "So..last night.." before he could take the conversation any further she sighed.

"It's alright if you don't want to talk about it-"he says in case he was making her uncomfortable.

"No, that's not it, it just brings back things happened..You know alot happened last night, and some you didn't witness, so.." 

The both were like two peas in a pod growing up together, their families were and are really close. His father takes care of her as if she is his own daughter, last night while things happened he was also with them there but was unable to do things.

"You know, the divorce. I found a huge fact behind it." 

"What?"

"Well, my grandfather, maternal grandfather's death is the one and only reason." Her direct conclusion, made him give a confused look so she cared to explain.

"My mom got married to my dad by cutting ties with her family, she loved my dad unconditionally and her's too. But her dad promised his best friend, late CEO/Chairman of The Shin Industries. He promised him to get his daughter get married to his son, her dad respected her choice so he held the marriage till she says 'yes'. And that never happened, at first her dad thought that it hurted his pride and then realized it was the best decision his daughter ever made. According to my dad and what the real reason is, is that he got some pressure in company work which he neglected before and stress created a tumor in his brain due to work overload. But my mom thought it was because of her..and she thought that she should make her dad happy even though she cannot when her dad was alive so, atleast when he's dead."

He looks down, not sure about how to react. She herself couldn't get away with her tragic life.

"Is my schedule, all clear?" Her dad asks to her sister. "Yes, until 5" she replies. "Ok" he says and wears his coat and leaves the chamber.

As soon as he lefts the medical building, he gets in his car and leaves for his destination. He stops the car and gets out of it to see the big building of Yumyung Enterprises.

He enters the building and makes his way to the CEO's office. On the way, he could feel the stares and gossips of the passerbys but, he wasn't here to hear them he was here to save his daughter.

He knocks on the door, "come in" the person inside says, a voice which he didn't heard in years. He stops a moment before entering, thinks again and nods to reassure himself that he was ready. And goes in.

The person sitting on the chair, looking on the documents could sense the smell, The smell of medicinal drugs. She looks up only to find the figure, whom she never expected to be seen again in her life.

She gets up her chair and says "Why are you here?" Looking straight into her eyes he replies "To save my daughter's present and future both" He may say it confidently but inside he felt like throwing himself in a lion's cage.

"Your daughter, you say? She was and is mine even before and after the Court's decision-" bit she was cutted off before she could speak further."Tsk. You think whatever the Court's decision is my daughter's decision"

Her mom looked at aerin's dad with a mixed expression of confusion and annoyance."Ok, whatever but if she is your daughter then why do you want to spoil her future?" He asks looking straight to her.

"Spoil her future, I'm just doing what happens in our families, you know upper-class families" Her mom sarcastically said with a grin on her face.

Her dad chuckled at the statement and said, "Ms.Yoon it seems like you aren't paying attention to the this" he stops and motions to her office "world of business anymore."

Her mom was speechless, and in loss of words to the sudden attack of her dad, but he hasn't finished yet.

He starts to pickup some new magazines which were untouched from the glass table near in her room, and says.

"GoMed, Korea's number one medicinal brand. Hmm, and yes, it has luxurious hospitals in the whole 9 provinces providing best-quality facility with cheaper price. And there must be nearly 17-18 hospitals in total, inside the country." A sarcastic smile appeared on his face, after all he also knows how to through back.

He takes his phone out of his pocket and opens something eyeing his mom. And says,

"Who is the owner of GoMed?"

"Mr.Kim Chan Young"

He smirks and Aerin's mom scoffed in disbelief.

"Why are you here?"

Her voice was that of irritation and annoyance. Rather than answer it directly, he sits on the chair placed before her office desk, and says.

"Nothing much, I was just here to tell you to give in your decision-"

She tried to speak-in but he raised his hand showing signal to not to stop him as he continues.

"Ms.Yoon it's never too late to do things, but not when it's really late. So, if you don't do it in the right time then, I Kim Chan Young father of Kim Aerin, will stop from his daughter's life being crushed in"

A/N:
So, sorry makes you all wait so long for an update must be mad of me doing but I had no other option. And soon, is coming what we have been waiting for so stay tuned, Thank You.