CHAPTER - 39

TW: This chapter contains themes like physics abuse, violence, murder, blood which may trigger some readers.

Tae-kyung and Soyeon have now both entered the passage. As the cap flew open there was a ladder leading down into the passage. Tae-kyung got down first, followed by soyeon.

There was a freaking underground house like thingy down there. Tae-kyung and soyeon looked at each other and nodded, before tae-kyung starts walking and soyeon follows him behind.

They make sure to walk carefully and soundlessly, making sure not to give the kidnapper a hint, if only he was really there. There were low-key chances of it being something else than a hiding place of a criminal.

There were no room and the passage was more than just long. They have walking for more than five minutes now, just to find nothing till now. Though the place was long it was still narrow only allowing one person to walk and making the other walk behind.

Then suddenly tae-kyung halted. Soyeon who was just behind him was absentmindedly looking around and was just to bump into tae-kyumg as he stopped.

"What happened?" She whispered to him because she had no clue what was in the front, tae-kyung was tall enough to block the view. Tae-kyung steps aside and soyeon peeks from behind.

The passage was now splited into two more long narrow passages, to the right and the left. "What should we do?" Soyeon asks still whispering. Tae-kyung sighs. "You shouldn't have came" he mumbles under his breath but it was loud enough for her to hear it.

She rolls her eyes, pushing him to the side and standing on his front. "I will go left, you go right, if we see anything unusual we gotta find the other. Clear?" She said in a ordering tone.

Tae-kyung sighs, worried about the other girl's safety. Nonetheless, he just nodded. She replied "Great" and started walking away. Tae-kyung spared one last glance to her before heading his way.

As Soyeon walked deeper, she saw paintings hanged around the walls. Soyeon was not a artistic person like aerin, she would never understand what story what art tell, it was all bullshit to her.

But the arts which were hanging around seemed to relay a message. Atleast that's what she thought. She shrugged it of and continued walking, the place getting darker with each step.

She realized that she had been walking for almost 5 minutes now and the passage seemed not to be ending. She walked and she could she another turn at the end. She sighed as she walked only to stop at the end.

There was a room, which one ca't see if they won't come to the end. There was no door, and it was dark inside. The corridors were too dimly lit.

She turned on her torch. And went inside. It was like a storage room. As she walked in and moved the torch she could see some paintings and books scattered everywhere.

She bends down and picks up a painting. They weren't framed liked the ones hanged on the corridor, they were just some papers.

Soyeon's furrowed her brows at the painting. It was a boy who's head was cutted off and blood was dripping off it. She was disgusted, and couldn't understand the message it relayed.

She picked up another one it was more surprising than the last one. There was a faceless girl, a highschool girl as it looked like from the uniform. There was also a name tag on it, which seemed to have ruined.

The point was that there was blood, coming out from the girl's mouth. As she was stabbed. And there was a boy holding the knife which was stabbed on the girl. And there was something written beneath, in small but bold letters.

"Eyes do lie"

Soyeon was bit horrified so she decided to put the paintings away. She grabbed a notebook, more like a diary. There was a name written on it. But something has spilled over the diary, which hid the name.

Soyeon found an identical diary laying just beside it. Both do look sambe but are all different. She opened the first one to read. She read the first page, and as she flicked through more pages she discovered that the owner is a girl, who was writing this diary as a memory of her highschool.

But as soyeon flicked and read more she was exposed to something horrible. She was terrified. She have to show this to tae-kyung.
Soyeon couldn't think more and ran to tae-kyung's side.

As she ran she found the same things she found in the other side, the same pair of paintings and the same narrow road and the same little room at it's end. She walked slowly towards the room and stood wide-eyed at it's entrance.

Aerin was tied onto a chair, blood dripping from her collarbone, with tears dropping down. And what was more horrible was that a boy, older than the three, trying to stab tae-kyung who was almost on top of aerin and blood was running out of tae-kyung's hands as he held the knife for defense.

It was probably that the kidnapper was going to stab aerin and tae-kyung showed up at the right time.

The diary slipped from soyeon's hand making a 'thud' sound. And everyone's attention was on her. Aerin and tae-kyung muttered her name under their breath.

Then tae-kyung kicked the kidnapper off him, and the kidnapper fell down. "Soyeon take aerin and get out of here!" he screamed holding onto the kidnapper who stood up now.

Soyeon trembling untied aerin. Both of them crying. "GET OUT!" Tae-kyung yelled and they flinched. Walking out, and looking back. They walked a few steps before aerin fell down because of weakness, even though soyeon was holding her, she seemed to have lost a lot of blood.

Soyeon didn't know what to do. She pulled out her phone and dialled for help, with shaky hands. Maybe she should have listened to tae-kyung and have called the cops earlier, rather than using her over-thinker mind.

Soyeon can't go out now. If she leaves with aerin and leaves tae-kyung alone aerin would never look at her in face. And if she doesn't go with aerin and something happens to her then tae-kyung would never look at her in the face.

She didn't know why but her guts told her to walk back to the room. And she did so. After reaching the room what she saw, what she did, she does not knows. All she knows is getting dragged into darkness before hearing two voice scream in unison.

"SOYEON!"