CHAPTER - 38

"We should let the police know" tae-kyung explains, as they finally track down aerin's number. "We should but once we reach there" Soyeon advices.

Tae-kyung looks at her confused and frustrated. "Look, the kidnapper might have backup plans for situations like this, so we should first go there and make sure and then let the police know."

Tae-kyung takes a deep breath as Soyeon explains. He mostly doesn't agree with her opinions no matter how right and relevant they are, but now he had to. He runs finger through his hair and nods.

Soyeon proudly smiles a little but then changes the expression to being serious, examining the atmosphere. She was a bubbly, optimistic girl. She always thought what happened had happened for good, and what will happen will always be good.

It doesn't mean that aerin's death will be a good thing to her, as aerin was the only person who ever understood her. She meant that till if they are positive in the present, nothing can go wrong in future.

Tae-kyung led her to the car. As they both were seated, he wasted no time and pulled out. The car was on full speed, and Soyeon was freaking out.

Tae-kyung was a calm and collected person, but this was the first time she ever saw him this aggressive. They always fought all the time, over small things but she has never seen him this serious.

As they neared the place they realised how deadly the neighborhood was. The place was all ruined, burned down, dark and dead silent.
The only source of light there was a street light which too was flickering.

Soyeon felt a bit scared and she glanced at tae-kyung. There was nothing but worried-ness written on his face, his eyes were burning but there was no sign of him being scared.

The navigation system announced their arrival at the destination. Tae-kyung stopped the car and got out as soyeon followed.

They looked at the place, it was a small cabin. The aroma there was very disgusting and confusing. Before entering the place both of them spared each other a look and nodded.

Tae-kyung led the way and soyeon followed him. The door on the front was bit broken allowing them to easily enter. But as they enter they see nothing, literally no thing. The wall on outside was only an illusion.

As tae-kyung walked further, he placed his foot on something which made a breaking sound. Tae-kyung looked down and thought it might be the ruins of the place, but his eyes narrowed as something caught his eyes.

He walked forward and Soyeon looked at him confused but still followed behind. He picked up something from the ground and soyeon's eyes widened at the realization.

"A phone?"

She asked at tae-kyung nodded, he looked everywhere. While tae-kyung was busy finding more clues at that particular place, Soyeon walked around, ahead of him.

As she walked further a deadly scent burned her nostrils. She scrunched her nose and putted her thumb and index finger on both the side of the nose, pinching it.

She walked further to discover. Now the concrete floor has ended and she was walking on wet grass and the land covered in mud.

It was disgusting as flies and different bugs roamed and flew around. As from one hand she was pinching her nose, she used the other to wave off the insects.

She suddenly felt herself trip, she looked down and thought it probably was the mud. She decided to turn around since she found nothing there, but as she turned the back of her shoe came in contact with a hard surface.

And it definitely was not mud.

"Tae-kyung" Soyeon called him, still facing downwards. Tae-kyung who was holding a flashlight walked to her. "I think there's something here" Soyeon says now looking at him.

"Here?" He asks flashing light downwards. Both of them caught glimpse of something under the grass, which was probably just a showcase used to cover down the place.

Tae-kyung moves his feet to kick the hard surface. He looks at Soyeon and hands her the torch, "Hold this." He bends down and touches the floor. He then shoves all the grass from their side, which reveals a concrete cap like thing.

He places his hands on its end, the back of his hands slightly touching the disgusting mud. He used all the force he had to push open the cap. Since it was of concrete it was quite heavy.

Wonder how the kidnapper opened it?

Tae-kyung used all the strength he had to open the cap, so much that his veins were popping out. Soyeon's heart rate was going up, her optimistic personality deceiving her. Her mind was playing games with her, thoughts like what if something bad have  happened to aerin? were slowly occupying her mind.

They were both drenched in sweat now. "Done" tae-kyung said standing up dragging Soyeon out of her thoughts. To soyeon's surprise the cap had now opened up and there seems to be a small passage down there.

"I'll go down, you wait here and call the cops" tae-kyung instructed and was to leave before hearing soyeon's answer. She holds his hand and looks at him, he looks back at her.

He sees how her expression have changed by now. She was completely pale now, sweat running down her forehead and her whole body shaking.

"I don't want to stay here, I will come with you" soyeon says. Tae-kyung opens his mouth to protest but the look on her face stops him. And he just nods.