CHAPTER - 17

Aerin was on her way home after having a little tea with Aunty Kam, when she saw the notification flooded in her phone. Before she could see anything a message pops up at the top.

Ren.
Hey! It's me ren.
Come by the Kocher Stadium right now.

It was ren's. It seemed urgent so she asked the boys (guards) to drive her to school. She have grown a lot closer to them so close that they arrive at her place every weekend midnight even before she calls them just because she could go grocery shopping without any problem.

As the car stopped aerin got out of the car, and as she entered she could smell the negativity in the air. The school was just empty just as the first day, she ran down to the stadium. She slowed down at the sight of crowd infront of the stadium.

She saws gorya and.. thyme. She was to run to save her friend, but somebody stopped her. She looked back and there was Ren holding her wrist stopping her from taking another step. He signs her and she just stands there looking at everything going on.

"You know what trash belongs to the trash can." Thyme says as he grabs gorya's shoe and grabs a blade and starts cutting it. Aerin looks at Gorya, the shoes was dirty and worn out but as she looked down at the other pair it seemed completely new, and probably meant a lot to her. Gorya just stayed there still clenching her jaw, looking at the action of the boy.

Thyme throwed the brutally torned shoe into the bin, and was about to left when Gorya mumbled something under her breath.

"I ain't afraid of you"

Thyme stops and looks at her. "You should try to say it louder so I can hear it"

"I said I am not afraid of you!"

Gorya screamed and this time she showed no expression of regret. And before thyme could react to it, she kicked him causing him fall.

"You want me to give up, right?" gorya questioned him as tears fall down from her eyes. "Keep dreaming, I won't. From now on I'll fight to whatever you do"

Gorya warned thyme for the last time before she stormed away from there. And ren followed her down. All the students recorded it and in no time the whole place was empty. Except thyme and aerin.

Thyme finally gets up and looks at Aerin. He didn't knew what he wanted to say so he was about to leave when she said "I am not angry at you."

He turns back and looks at her confused. She takes some steps ahead, "I said like gorya, I am not angry at you for what you did to me. But yeah I am furious because of what you did to her."

He broke the eye contact and looked away and stayed silent. Strange, right?

"I know our first meet hasn't been good and probably till now you must have learned about me. But thyme, trust me I understand you. I feel you. You may be cruel, rich and spoiled brat infront of everyone but you are just like me. Just like every child belonging to family like ours. The perfect it seems on camera the more messed it is off camera."

Thyme just listens, aerin walks and founds a spot to sit down and thyme also sits down next to her. There was a comfortable silence and both got lost into thoughts.

"This time, you have gone too far by giving a 'girl' a red card ,Thyme"

As the silence takes over thyme's mind he was reminded with yesterday's incident.

"I didn't ask them to go so far!" Thyme tries defending himself. "You dumb fucks-!" A staff interrupts between telling thyme that his mother is looking for him.

Within a minute thyme leaves his friends and the boys. His mother asks him to sit in an press meeting with her, as the heir of the Parama Group. And she ruthlessly concluded,

"The employee disobeying the company will receive a red card."

At the end of the day, they all say at the dining table like everyday. They all did sat their but all thyme felt was eating alone. Even if the food was expensive and was made by country's best chef but still it was never appetizing for him.

And all he remembered of that day's dinner is,

"If you can't even control the school, how are you going to control everything, everyone?"

"Why are we like this? Can't we be normal too?"

At last, thyme finally says. Aerin chuckles to it.

"You think being normal is easy?" Aerin said. Thyme just looked at her confused. "And especially for people like us" Aerin now looked at thyme. She slowly fixed her gaze to sunset over there.

"I also thought the same, always being harassed, nobody caring to my decision, I was done from all this. So I became a nobody, at least tried to. But at the end it is hard. We have given a identity which we can never take off from us. I thought I could become a mere shadow, unseen by the world but the end I was still the same person walking down the street with tears in their eyes. It's not easy. Nothing is ever is going to be."