CHAPTER - 16

My heart is beating abruptly fast, a drop of sweat drops down. His shoulder brushes with mine and nervousness evolves within me. My hands shiver and the books drop down with a 'thud'. He turns around and mumbles a quick sorry before kneeling down to help me. My eyes focused on picking everything up, while my heart was still beating like crazy. Our hands keep brushing with each other until that one scene when they touched, not only for a second but for minutes, while picking up the last book. An electric energy spread within me and my eyes were attracted to his, and for an whole moment we both got so emerged into each other that everything in the world felt unreal except him.

Thud.

No, this time it's not the books it's her, falling. Dream, that wasn't what it was. It was reality which taunted her bad. In other words reality to her was like a nightmare.

She sighed, looking at the time on her phone. Last night, she was with him spending time like old days. There was this feeling which she haven't felt from years. Cause she felt them only with him.

All these years she had been scared because of the what ifs in her head, but yesterday it was all cleared. That lovely night will stay in her head and heart rent free.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in"

"Well, I got something to talk to you"

Her older brother.

He got to be the best in her eyes. Although he was the oldest sibling and is the one who has the true right to the inheritance, he showed no emotions when his father signed down in the documents of inheritance giving it to his only daughter.

"You know, I-I heard something, about last n-"

"I know. And yes I was there."

"Why?"

"He was never a bad person, and it is only me punishing myself, he do not deserve to be hurted although he has to be a part of all this."

He got up from his seat and slapped down the flower vase next to them.

"You know, all the time I have stayed silent but it is too much. It's all because of him-"

"It was just an excuse! There was nothing like this.. it was just I never wanted to be a problem to him. After dad.. I just didn't wanted to cause any problem in anyone's life now"

"Problem in anyone's life? Then what about mine? You have been a thorn in my way from the very start."

Tear dropped down her face. Was she always been wrong or there's a problem with her hearing?

"YOU became a thorn when I was to take over. YOU became an problem when dad died. YOU have always been a problem to this family but you never realized. But when it came to him you.. you said you don't want to be a problem?"

Everything was getting out of her hand, her life, her daughter's life and her herself. Then there was a thud sound of a door shutting up forcefully indicating that he left.

Now she kneeled down on her knees and couldn't control all the tears she had been hiding all these years. The pain she had holding in burst out, now. Her chest pain increased, physically. A loud sound started ringing in her hair and in no time everything blacked out.

Aerin was lying on her bed, as yesterday's incident was covering her mind. There was a battle of questions, most importantly whether she should go to school today or not. And from what she decided she isn't.

She won't take any other step unless she is completely cured from the trauma of the bad decision she took.

She was just lying and a question takes place on her mind. What's the situation back home? She understands that even if her mother behaves that way, she does care about her. She still loves her dad and whether she agrees or not there's a part of her which wants to go back as, as it was.

Her best friend, she wonders, how she has been till now. Not being able to tell anything to anyone, that's not aerin's thing. Now just because of a minor, probably not minor mistake she lost her only friends or friend.

She was so deep in thoughts that she couldn't realize that her phone has been ringing.

Aunty Kam.

It read. She answered the phone to hear a sweet melody of violins from the other side.

'Hello?'

'Hi dear! How have you been?'

'Yeah, no. Everything's been okay'

'You aren't in between classes right? If then s-'

'No, no. Actually I am at home'

'Do not feel like going?'

'Yeah'

'I understand.'

'Actually there's this really special person to Ren, is planning to be here soon. So I'm just busy getting things ready for the party. And I saw you had a good choice with decorations and I thought you could be of help ?'

'Yeah sure, I'd love to. When do you want me there?'

'If you want you can come now?-'

'Yeah, ok'

'bye.'

'bye.'

Aerin threw her phone on the bed and head over to get ready but the timing missed and a really important notification popped up.

A/N:
I'm really sorry to those who always wait for this late. If you think I am lazy, I am but I am busy with school and everything. Yesterday was the deadline and I couldn't still finish it sorry because it takes time to think of a story. This thing was never the storyline of this chapter. It was something else and everything I wrote felt off. And it took days to write, edit and publish. Thank you for your patience and I love you all <3. Enjoy!