CHAPTER - 37

TW: This Chapter contains themes like violence, physical abuse which may trigger some readers.

As aerin spoke those words with confidence to him, he chuckled. And reached out to his pocket, taking out his small pocket knife out of it.

A sudden wave of fear took over her. She realized that she was in no position to be this confident. He smirked at the look on aerin's face. And took small steps towards her.

"Well then let me spell out everything for you" he said, slowly gliding the sharp knife from aerin's jawline as he slowly proceeded down to her neck and as it reached her collar bone he looked in her eyes before saying, "My Highness" and pushing down the knife on her collar bone. Aerin gripped the chair in pain, as crimson liquid oozed out.

He then smirked, the smirk grew into a big grin and he broke into laughter. Laughing like there was no tommorow, laughing like he was crazy, laughing like he was a maniac.

After laughing his lungs out for like minutes, he changed his expression to a serious one. His eyes grew bigger, and he came close to her face. Eyeing her features, he again smirked.

"Is this what he saw?" He asked. Aerin not knowing anything, kept her eyes down, not wanting an eye contact. "I bet this was it" he said nodding.

He then putted a hand on her cheek, slowly rubbing it with his thumb. "Are you really this soft? Or are you hiding something deep beneath it?" He asked. Was he asking her if she had plastic surgery or something? Who knows.

"Both" he said. She glanced at him a little and looked away, telling him she's confused. "I know what you were thinking about. And yes, it's about both you face and your heart" he said pointing at his her heart.

She felt her heart heavy. It was quite hurtful. Aerin in her life have always been a prey for mental abuse, some things which shouldn't be said were what she once or twice might have heard. But no matter how many times she have faced it, it always have her pain in the heart.

The pain which was very much equal to being stabbed in the heart.

"Nobody must not have told you, how much of a bad luck you are" the tears which threatened coming out of her eyes, are now rolling down. He was partially right and partially wrong.

She have always heard it, that how she jinxed the happiness her family had. Everybody always told her, that how she was nothing but just a bad luck, that how she brought darkness to wherever she went.

"See, you are fragile and useless. You know nothing about feelings!" He screamed. Making aerin cry harder. "You rich people.. you would never know. What feelings are, because all y'all have done is toy them, and play with them. Just like how you did, how your mother did and how.. your friend did" the last line came slowly than the others.

Her vision blurred because of her tears, but she could still see his red eyes, and the way he was all fuming with anger. Everything he said was not to aerin personally but to the background she belonged to. But still aerin felt as if it were all to her.

Aerin heard this a lot, about how useless she is, but somehow she was still convinced to keep going. But she was broke, completely broke now. If a stranger also thinks this, then she must be, useless, fragile, emotionless and selfish.

"You, you killed her!" He screamed and suddenly aerin who was crying hard stopped and dared to look in his eye. How his eyes shined a little because of tears which have now formed in his eyes, in the dim light.

"If it haven't been you, she would have been here, by my side, smiling like she always did!" He blurted out everything, he seemed to have holding.

"I will kill you! You deserve to die!" He said his eyes growing bigger, so did aerin's but his was of anger and her was of fear. He was in a pain, some sort of pain which he couldn't hold back anymore and want to pass it down. Doesn't matter if the process to give away that pain requires physical intimation.

He held the sheath of his small pocket knife tightly and without any hesitation he proceeds to shove it right into aerin's collarbone with all the force and pressure he had. Aerin closes her eyes, the last drop of tear falling down as she was ready to feel the pain.

But even after what felt like minutes aerin couldn't feel any pain, she slowly then opened her eyes. She looked at the person holding the knife, sweating, just like she, herself.

He shook his head and took back the knife and kept mumbling "no,no" under his breath. He backed off and went to some corner of the small room.

Aerin released the breath she didn't knew she was holding. She looked at her hand, her watch lied there. But it was damaged, it's glass was broken, still it was ticking.

It had been nearly a hour and a half since she left home. She sighed internally, not to make any sound while the guy is having a piece of mind.

But then some sound starts engulfing the room, making the now relaxed atmosphere tense. It was as if someone was rubbing something against wood. As if someone was sharping some blade.

Then a realization hits her, the atmosphere became more tensed and all the relaxation vanished. She looked at the boy in the corner of the room, who now have turned to face aerin while holding the freshly sharped blade.

"That wasn't enough to give you pain, the pain, that pain which you deserve."

Author's note:

Hey everyone, new chap is up! Can't believe it's almost been a year since I started this, couldn't ever imagine it would get this much love! Thank you so much everyone! <3

I will try to update a special Chapter on the anniversary of this book, but since my exams are going on I might not be able to update till the day. Thank youhh!

(STA'S hope you see what I did up there)