Death in An Airplane

I was so excited about going to Japan. I have always wanted to go there since I was little. Little did I know that the best day of my life is going to turn into my worst.

Two hours into the flight, I was watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the airplane. The movie version is nowhere as good as the book, but I still love it. My brother was eating his lunch and our parents were talking.

Just then, the plane started shaking. 'What's going on?' I asked.

Just then, a voice made an announcement. 'Attention, ladies and gentlemen. We're going to have a water landing as the plane has run out of fuel. Please remain calm and put on your life jackets as instructed in the safety video.'

Remain calm? We're all going to die and we're supposed to remain calm? What are we, robots?

Adults were panicking, children were crying, and families were holding on to each other, shaking. My brother and I looked at our parents, frightened.

Our parents were slightly calmer than the other adults as they had been air stewards themselves when they were younger. But they had never been in a falling plane before.

Miraculously, the plane managed to make a safe water landing. All the passengers were instructed to go out of the exits to the rafts. However, we weren't completely out of the woods yet.

My brother and I were shaking nervously as we sat on the raft. One by one, the passengers came out of the plane. Just when I thought that we were all safe, an infant started howling, causing all the young children to cry.

The raft shook as the children started wiggling about. I had the feeling that it wasn't going to end well, and sadly I was right.

One of the children was sitting near my family and her constant crying and shaking. Suddenly the raft slightly jerked and I tipped over.

It all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to scream. I fell in the water. I could hear my parents calling my name, but I couldn't call back. Everything went black.