Jealousy

Hachiro didn't tire of me. In fact, he seemed to get more and more obsessed with me.

I felt really uncomfortable. Hachiro was very annoying and I wished that he would stop pestering me.

On the first of February, Hachiro met me at my locker and asked me a question.

'Hey, gorgeous, would you like to go to the Valentine Party with me?'

'No thanks,' I said. 'I'm not interested.'

'Come on,' said Hachiro. 'I know that you're playing hard to get.'

If Hachiro wasn't younger than me, I think that I would have bonked him on the head. He was just so annoying sometimes.

'I am not!' I said. 'I have a boyfriend.'

But Hachiro simply couldn't take the hint. He kept pestering me every chance he got.

This meant that he would follow me whenever I went to meet the Beyclub. All of them thought that he's a pest. And I have a feeling that Shu was getting jealous of Hachiro.

I figured out that maybe if I asked Shu to the party, Hachiro might stop bothering me. Neither of us got the roles we auditioned for. I got Morgan, Robert's six-year-old daughter. Hachiro got to play the role of Pip the chipmunk. But that didn't seem to matter to him. All he cared about now was wooing me.

I was thankful that I didn't have to take classes with him. Can you imagine how dreadful that would be?

After school had finished that day, I saw Shu training as usual. I decided to quickly talk to him before Hachiro had a chance to follow me here.

'Hi Shu,' I said.

Shu looked a little surprised, but responded with a smile. 'Hi,' he said.

'I wanted to ask you something,' I said.

'Sure,' said Shu. 'What is it?'

I took a quick glance behind to make sure that Hachiro wasn't there. When I was certain he wasn't, I blurted out, 'WouldyouliketogototheValentinePartywithme?'

Shu stared at me as if I was speaking in a foreign language. 'What?' he asked in Japanese.

Alright, that was silly of me. Of course he wouldn't understand me. I had basically stuck all of my words together. So I asked clearly this time.

'Would you like to go to the Valentine Party with me?'

Shu smiled. 'I would love to,' he said.

Just then, an unwelcome distraction appeared in the shape of Hachiro. He came up to me with a bouquet of red roses. 'Hi there,' he said. 'Would you...'

'Save it,' I said. 'I already have a date to the party. So save your breath.'

I could feel Shu glaring at Hachiro in spite of having my back to him. Hachiro kept trying to tempt me by waving the roses in front of my face, so I decided to just leave.bi didn't want to deal with this nonsense for any longer.

I was so thankful when I left the school. It was extremely unpleasant to have two people fighting over you. No wonder I never liked love triangles.

'This is ridiculous,' I muttered to myself. 'Less than a year ago I didn't have any interest in love. Now I have a boyfriend and a crazy stalker.'

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

I was wrong. Hachiro wasn't a crazy stalker. He was an obsessive stalker. He even found out my address and was constantly waiting outside my bedroom window so that he could serenade me as much as possible.

It was enough to make me want to scream. I was seriously considering getting a restraining order against him.

But when it came to rehearsal time, there was no avoiding him. When we were not practicing our parts, he was trying to impress me with terrible pickup lines.

'If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I closer to each other.'

'You and me mermaid for each other. Get it? Because you look like Ariel?'

Those lines were so cringe. I didn't feel comfortable with him. I talked to Yuri about this. As I had predicted, she was Giselle.

'Why don't you tell him that you don't like him?'

'I've tried! But he's bad at picking up hints.'

'Good thing Tamiko doesn't go here anymore. Can you imagine how green with envy she would be if she saw Hachiro going after you even though you are with the most popular boy in school?'

I didn't want to imagine that. I still had nightmares about Tamiko attempting to drown me.

My own popularity has increased significantly since I was dating Shu. Most of his fangirls didn't like me, but most people I met at school told me how lucky I was to be with someone like Shu.

'Hi there,' said a familiar voice. I groaned. 'What. Do. You. Want?' I asked Hachiro.

'How about I get one latte for me, one latte for you, and we can latte our way out of here?'

'Let me get this straight. The answer is N. O. NO!'

I quickly ran outside before Hachiro could say anything else.