Gone Too Far

I tried not to look at anyone in the eyes as I walked into school on Monday. I hadn't slept well the night before, so I was exhausted. However, Kairi ran up to me the second she saw me.

'Rose, what on earth is going on?'

I froze. Had she already heard about Shu?

'Er... I...'

But Kairi didn't wait for me to finish. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to my locker.

I was shocked to find what was on it. There was a note saying Rosalie Charmille is Shu Kurenai's girlfriend.

At first, I had no idea what was going on. Then I suddenly remembered my conversation with Tamiko last Friday. I had totally forgotten all about it!

I told Kairi about Tamiko. Kairi went red with rage. 'We should tell Shu about this,' she said. 'He would know how to deal with Tamiko. Come on, let's go find him.'

'Wait!' I said. 'Shu isn't at school today.'

Kairi looked astonished. 'Why not?' she asked.

'Shu's... in the hospital.'

'What? Why?' asked Kairi.

I broke down into tears. 'It's all my fault! I said something mean to him at the party and I tried to apologize to him yesterday but he wasn't home and it was so dark I stepped onto the road by mistake and Shu came by and pushed me out of the way and now he's in the hospital in a coma!'

Kairi stared at me with her mouth open. Finally she said, 'But the second team match is this afternoon. How on earth can Shu participate if he's in a coma?'

'Please don't tell anyone about this. If Tamiko found out, who knows what she'll do to me.'

'You should tell the Beyclub. They will know something's up when Shu doesn't show up.'

I didn't want to, but I didn't really have a choice. Knowing Valt, he would probably turn the whole of Beigoma City upside down searching for Shu.

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

'WHAT?????' asked Valt. 'Please tell me that you're joking.'

'Does it look like I'm joking?'

'I'm sorry, but Shu's in a coma? Are you sure?'

I nodded miserably. 'Yeah. I don't know if he's going to wake up.'

Valt started to cry. Rantaro said, 'Don't say if. You're making it sound like Shu's dying!'

Valt cried harder at that. 'No, I can't lose Shu! What would I do without him?'

I felt even worse. I wished that I could turn back time and never say those words to Shu.

'Wait, does that mean that we're stuck with only four members now?' asked Wakiya.

Valt stopped crying and looked at his friends uncertainly. Clearly he hadn't thought of that.

'I'm sure you guys will manage,' said Kairi. 'Rideout's managed without Lui.'

That didn't make me feel any better. I was too busy thinking about Shu that I almost forgot about Tamiko. So I was surprised when I saw her waiting at my locker for me.

'Well, well, well. If it isn't little miss darling herself. It seems like your Prince Charming isn't here to save you this time.'

I felt really mad. All I knew was at that moment I hated everything about Tamiko. She seemed to enjoy reveling in my misery. And she seemed to like to think that she was responsible for me being upset even though she actually had very little to do with it.

I lost my temper. I slapped her across her face. Tamiko stared at me in astonishment. She was probably wondering how I dared to do such a thing.

Then it got physical. Kairi grabbed me by my Frozen jacket and slammed my body at my locker. I screamed. 'Stop! Let me go.'

'Oh no you don't,' said Tamiko. 'You'll pay for this.' People were recording everything on their phones, but she didn't seem to notice. She dragged me to the bathroom.

I kept screaming the whole way there. I couldn't let this bully get away with this.

Tamiko forced me to face a sink and filled it up with water until it was overflowing.

'What are you doing?' I asked.

Instead of answering me, Tamiko dunked my head into the sink. I was terrified, but I didn't dare speak because I didn't want to drown again.

After what seemed like forever, Tamiko finally pulled my head out of the sink. I couldn't stop crying.

'For someone who looks like Ariel, you certainly don't handle water very well,' sneered Tamiko.

'Please let me go,' I begged. 'I didn't mean to slap you.'

Tamiko didn't listen. She dunked my head again. My mouth was still open, so I swallowed a lot of water. I thought that I was really going to drown again, but I felt a strong hand pull my head back out.

I found Miss Yoshida looking at me in concern. 'Are you okay?' she asked.

I couldn't answer as I was too busy coughing. I saw Kairi sitting next to me. 'Don't worry,' she said. 'I'll take you to the nurse.'

Miss Yoshida nodded at her. Then she glared at Tamiko.

'Miss Katsumi, to the principal's office, now!'

I felt so weak that I could hardly stand. Kairi had to practically carry me.

'How did you find out?' I muttered.

'Yuri saw what happened and recorded you on her phone,' said Kairi. 'She showed the video to me and I told Miss Yoshida. I must admit, I was terrified when I saw Tamiko drowning you. She's a horrible bully, but I never imagined that she would go that far.'

The room was spinning and I felt faint. 'Help,' I muttered quietly before everything went black.