What A Shock!

After Shu helped me feel better about the accidentally revealing our relationship thing, I went back to the bleachers to watch the Ken Vs Lui match.

I already knew that Ken was going to lose, but I said nothing about it. I spotted Shu's fangirls giving me dirty looks, but they didn't dare say anything with Shu next to me.

Kairi told me that she had seen Wakiya having a meltdown after his loss, but she and Hoji managed to calm him down. I wish that I was there to see it.

At the end of the day, I was in a pretty good mood. That was, until I saw Shu looking at Spryzen in concern. I suddenly remembered that Spryzen had gotten damaged in the earlier match.

Uh oh. If I wasn't careful, Spryzen would actually break. I had to warn Shu.

'Hey Shu. Spryzen's in really bad shape, isn't it?' I asked.

Shu sighed. 'Yes,' he said. 'You will probably think me silly, but I feel that Spryzen's the older brother I never had.'

Considering how attached Shu was to Spryzen, it wasn't hard to believe. 'What about Valt?' I asked.

'Well, he's like my younger brother,' said Shu. I nodded in understanding.

I suddenly wondered what Spryzen thought of our relationship. But I didn't quite dare ask Shu.

Wakiya came over to talk with Shu, so I decided to give them some space. I knew how their conversation was going to go anyway.

Surprisingly, Shu invited me to stay over at his place for the night again. Of course, I said yes. My new parents have been playfully teasing me that I saw more of Shu these days than them.

Now that they know about my relationship with Shu, they have been treating Shu like a son whenever he comes around. I thought that it was sweet, but Shu said that it felt uncomfortable as he wasn't used to receiving such affection.

Anyway, we went to Shu's apartment together. But when we arrived at Shu's front door, I noticed two pairs of shoes there. 'Shu, do you have visitors?' I asked.

Shu gasped a little and I felt him squeezing my hand a little. 'Er... It's my Mom and Dad.'

I felt nervous. A year ago, I would have liked to meet Shu's parents. But now after knowing how they had neglected and emotionally abused Shu, I wanted to run out of there.

'Oh. Ok,' I said.

Shu slowly opened the door and looked inside. I peeked too.

I saw a very pretty woman with light pink hair and ice-blue eyes and a man with dark brown hair and brown eyes waiting on the couch. They were glaring at Shu.

'There you are!' said the woman. 'Where on earth were you?'

I was shocked to see how nervous Shu seemed to become. He could have a staring match with Lui without batting an eye, but now he suddenly seemed as timid as Neville Longbottom in the first Harry Potter book.

'I... I had a match today, Mom.'

'It couldn't have taken the whole day,' snapped the man.

'One of my friends also had a match and I wanted to support him,' said Shu.

'Wait a minute, who's this?' asked the woman as she pointed to me.

'Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Rose,' said Shu.

The couple gave me such a glare that I thought that I was going to die of fright. I quickly hid behind Shu.

'Girlfriend? Girlfriend?' asked Shu's Mom. 'You're only eleven! You're too young for a girlfriend!'

'Mom, don't talk to her like that,' said Shu. 'She's my guest.'

His Dad went up to me and did a really shocking thing. He smacked me across the face. I was so stunned that I fell down. I also felt tears forming in my eyes.

Shu gasped. 'Dad, how could you do that?'

'Bah! What a baby!' said his Dad. 'She doesn't even fight back!'

I felt extremely hurt. How had Shu put up with this for years? Perhaps it was just as well that he hardly saw his parents.

Shu shielded me as he said , 'I'll tell Rose's parents. They won't be happy when they hear about this.'

Shu brought me to his room. 'I'm so sorry,' he said. 'I had no idea that my parents were coming home today.'

'Your parents scare me,' I said.

Shu sighed. 'Well, if you want to go back home, I completely understand.'

But I shook my head. 'No, I won't let your parents put you down. No one deserves to be treated the way your parents treat you. And I bet that when my parents hear about this, they would be furious.'

'Well, I should be preparing dinner now,' said Shu. He placed Spryzen on his desk. 'My parents don't come into my room unless I'm in it, so you're probably safe here.'

After giving me a quick kiss, Shu left. So it was just me and Spryzen. But it was no good me trying to have a conversation with Spryzen as he's not my partner. I searched the bookshelves for something to read.

I found a book called Matilda and started reading it. It was about an intelligent girl with awful parents.

I was at the part when Matilda goes to Miss Honey's house when Shu came back in. 'Dinner's ready,' he said. Then he looked quickly at Spryzen.

'What is it?' I asked.

'Er... Spryzen said that he finds you amusing.'

'What?'

'Um... Please don't be cross, but when I started having feelings for you I kept talking about you to Spryzen all of the time.'

Now I was blushing red. Now Spryzen knows about us? But then again, I didn't really know about the connection between Shu and Spryzen for it wasn't touched upon enough in the show.

Dinner was awkward as Shu's parents were there too. They kept glaring at me the entire time.

I couldn't help comparing Shu's lunch with my family to this. Shu's parents never tried to make me feel comfortable in their presence. And when I touched Shu's hand a little, Mrs Kurenai looked daggers at me. Yikes!

I was so thankful when dinner was over and I could go back into Shu's room. Worst. Dinner. Ever.

I noticed that Shu's cupboard was slightly open. I noticed a red hoodie and put it on over my clothes.

'You like it?' asked Shu as he came into the room. 'Well, you can keep it if you want to?'

'Really?' I asked.

'Yeah,' said Shu.

'Great!' I said. I started reading Matilda again.

'Oh, you like that book?' asked Shu. 'It was one of my favourites growing up.'

Well, let's just say that we spent the next two hours talking about our favourite books.

Do you want me to post a chapter about Shu's POV before he and Rose became a couple?