I'm Sorry!

I was surprised. What on earth was going on? I watched a police officer untie me. "Miss, are you okay?" he asked.

Why does that question sound so familiar? Suddenly, it dawned on me. The time I cut my finger on a kitchen knife.

My parents were waiting for me outside the Raging Bulls. I ran to hug them.

"Rose, we were so worried about you!" said Dad. "We thought that something bad happened to you."

Kairi ran to me. "What happened?" she asked. "Boa came to me holding this thumb drive and told me that you had planned to sneak into Theodore Glass's office. We all thought that you were in danger."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I... I needed to figure out what was going on."

"Well, you could have let us in on your plans," said Rantaro. "We could have helped."

Just then, I saw Shu standing in a corner. He was wearing his old clothes and his right arm was bandaged. I noticed how sad he looked.

"Shu?" I asked.

Shu looked at me and his eyes teared up. "Rose, I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."

I just planted a kiss on his lips. "I don't care. I'm just relieved that you're alright."

"I'm not alright," said Shu. "I don't think I ever was."

"Shu?"

"I tried calling and texting you, but you never replied," said Shu. "I was starting to think that you were ignoring me like how I ignored you. Nobody had seen you, and I feared the worst."

I wasn't sure what exactly did Shu mean when he said that he had feared the worst, but I didn't ask.

"Rose, why didn't you tell us that Shu was Red Eye?" Valt suddenly asked.

I almost had a heart attack. "What?"

"Shu told us everything," said Kairi. "Why didn't you say a word?"

"You wouldn't have believed me."

"Rose, there's something you're hiding," said Daigo.

"We're your friends," said Valt. "Please, we have to know."

I sighed. "Fine. But you are not to say a word to anyone else."

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

Well, that was how I told the Beyclub (and Kairi) about how I had died and reincarnated in this life, and how they were all characters in a TV show while we sat in my room at my grandparents' house.

"Wait, I'm on TV?" asked Valt.

"Yes," I said. "I know that your match with Shu lasted for 18 battles."

"Just out of curiosity, what would have happened if you weren't here?" asked Wakiya.

"Well, Daigo would have cheated in a match."

"What?"

"Then he feels guilty and temporarily quits the Beyclub. And Wakiya would have informed you about Shu going missing, and Cuza would have accompanied you to the Snake Pit. Oh, and he would have pushed Wakiya across the zipline."

Wakiya looked like he was going to faint. "W... What?"

"Oh, and Valt would have almost missed his match against Naoki as he would have rushed home. And Shu wouldn't have gotten into an accident and would have been present for the Team Battles."

Valt's face was steaming up from all of the information. Everyone else just stared at me, flabbergasted.

"I don't completely understand," said Daigo.

"Well, we are all tired," said Rantaro. "Maybe we should all sleep on it and continue this discussion tomorrow."

"Actually, I would like to talk to Rose alone," said Shu. "You guys go."

After everyone else left, we just stared at each other.

"Rose, I'm sor..."

"You have already apologized," I said. "Also, I believe this belongs to you." I gave him Legend Spryzen.

Shu gasped. "Spryzen, I'm so sorry. I never should have abandoned you."

I touched his hand. "Shu, I would love it if we could be together again. You know, make a fresh start."

Shu looked at me. Then he burst into tears.

I hugged him. "Shu, don't cry. I didn't mean to upset you. It's..."

"Sorry about that," said Shu as he wiped his tears away. "Of course I would like to get back together with you. It's just that you're too sweet to me. I don't deserve you."

"Don't say that! Of course you deserve me. I love you Shu, and nothing can ever change that."

"But... I'm just a character from a TV show to you. How can you be sure that you love me?"

"Because you have amazing charisma, a real personality, and a kind heart. No evil Beyblade can ever change that. And I will make sure that you will always feel loved and safe."

Shu hugged me. "Thanks Rose. This means a lot to me."

"Thanks. You know, you don't have to bottle up your feelings. If you feel sad, you can talk to me and we can... Shu? Shu?"

I suddenly noticed that Shu had dozed off on the bed. I sighed and placed a blanket over him.

"Goodnight," I told him. "Rest well."

I also laid down and fell asleep.