Don't Leave!

I told Wakiya that I wanted to see the battle, so he picked me up after picking up the BC Sol bladers. Valt introduced me to Silas, Kit, Sasha, and Rickson.

Cuza told me about how BC Sol won the World League, but I was barely listening. All I could think about was Shu going up against Lui again.

I was afraid of Shu suddenly discovering me. How would he react? Would he freak out?

Shu didn't see me at all. I knew that Lui knew Shu's identity. Also, I wondered if Lui actually remembered me this time, considering that I had punched him last time.

When Lui intentionally gave Shu/Red Eye a point, I could sense him getting mad.

Valt got excited and ran down the hill. "Wait!" I called as I went after him. But it wasn't any good.

The next round ended with Luinor bursting Spryzen and Shu getting unmasked. Even though I saw it coming, it was still hard to swallow.

Valt gasped, genuinely shocked. "Shu," he said softly.

"I knew that it was you all along," said Lui. "You have become great at losing. Maybe even the best."

Remembering Free's account of his match with Shu, I felt sick. I saw Valt run up to Shu. He just seemed relieved to see his best friend again, but Shu just pushed him away.

Valt started to cry. "It's me."

"Get out of my way!" yelled Shu.

As Valt watched Shu walk away, he yelled, "Why are you doing this?"

Just then, I lost it. "Shu!" I screamed as I ran after him. "Shu, talk to me, please!"

But running into a forest wasn't such a good idea. I ended up losing track of Shu. "Hello?" I asked. "Anyone there?"

No answer. I called out for help, but there was no reply.

I don't know how long I wandered the forest trying to find a way out. Was it hours? I was exhausted, my feet felt like they were going to fall off, and my stomach was growling. I could barely move.

I thought that I was never going to find a way out when I found a clearing. Oh thank goodness!

I was at a rocky beach. It was deserted. Blow!

I was about to turn around when a flash caught my eye. To my surprise, I saw Legend Spryzen lying on the rocks. I suddenly understood what had happened.

I picked up Spryzen. I had a feeling that once Shu had snapped out of being Red Eye, he was going to want Legend Spryzen back.

"Don't worry, Spryzen. Shu isn't in his right mind now. He wouldn't abandon you on purpose."

Spryzen gave a sparkle. I somehow knew that Spryzen trusted me. I put Spryzen in my pocket.

I remembered the Requiem project and felt sick. My head was spinning. What was going on? Slowly, everything went black.

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

When I woke up, I found myself in a hospital room. How long had I been here? I pressed the button to call the nurse.

I saw my parents rush in. "Rose, thank goodness," said Mom. "You were found unconscious and brought to the hospital."

"How long was I out?" I asked weakly.

"Almost two days," said Dad. "You had such a high fever. We thought that you were never waking up."

Suddenly, everything came back to me. I started to cry again. "Shu, what happened to you?"

If you thought that I was depressed before, now it got a thousand times worse. I couldn't look at anything that reminded me of Shu. I even stopped wearing the charm bracelet he got me for Christmas. I was just so sad.

Soon, I heard news about the International Blader's Cup. I knew that meant I had to face Shu again. A Shu that would be possessed by an evil bey.

I had never believed that Spryzen Requiem was the same as Storm/Legend/Turbo Spryzen or so on. Shu had a strong bond with his bey. And the Spryzen Shu had loved didn't seem like the same one that took over his body.

Besides, Legend Spryzen was sitting in my backpack right now. It had saddened me to think of Shu abandoning his partner.

Rose.

I looked around. "Who's there?" I asked. No answer.

Rose, over here.

Strange. The voice sounded like it came from my backpack. Slowly, I opened it.

To my surprise, Spryzen was glowing. "Spryzen, are you speaking to me?"

Yes I am.

"How is that happening?"

I don't know. I have only been able to communicate with Shu so far.

"Spryzen, why did Shu become Red Eye?"

He was caught in a moment of vulnerability. He didn't want to abandon his friends, but he had no choice.

"Spryzen?"

Yes?

"Why did Shu break up with me?"

Ashtem threatened to hurt you if he didn't cut you off.

"What?"

Yes. In fact, Shu cried for hours after breaking up with you.

I felt horrified. I had to help Shu, somehow. No more hiding. I had to help.