The Finals of the Team Battles

The finals of the team battles was after school on Monday. I decided to watch it live instead of on TV.

Technically I already watched it on TV in a few different episodes. I was curious if the battles will be the same as on TV or not.

Rantaro, Daigo and Shu registered for the battles. I couldn't hear what the Beyclub was saying, but I could see Valt having a mini meltdown when he realised that he had forgotten to include himself. It was even funnier in real life than on TV.

The first two matches were the same as in the show. But I noticed something strange when it was Shu's turn.

When Shu prepared to launch with his left hand, everyone gasped in shock. But then I noticed that Valt looked just as surprised as everyone else.

I suddenly remembered that in the show, Daigo had noticed that Shu's shoulder still hurt during the match against Swordflames. Then he told the rest of the Beyclub and Valt went to find Shu. Then he saw Shu launching with his left hand. But in this timeline, Shu was in the hospital when the match happened, so Valt doesn't know about the left-hand launch.

Of course, Shu won the match. But then Lui finally decided to make his first appearance in the Team Battles. I always wondered if he was hiding the entire time, waiting to make a grand entrance. Well, if that was his intention, he had achieved it. Everyone was now infused with the drama.

'What is going on?' asked Kairi. 'Why on earth would Lui show his face now after not bothering to show up for any of the other matches?'

'He's scary,' said Sakura.

I wondered if I would have also thought Lui scary if I was a child when I watched Beyblade Burst. Lui was intimidating, but scary? That could be up to interpretation.

I'm pretty sure that I have never thought of Lui as scary. Was it because of his short height, or was it because despite being a strong blader, he was still a student? I don't know his real age (I refuse to believe that he's ten, no matter what the wiki says) but I think he could be one or two years older than Valt and his friends.

I was so lost in thought that I hardly noticed that the next two battles have already passed. Argh! Why did I let my attention wander? I don't even know if they were the same as the show.

The results were the same though. Lui had managed to score three points for Rideout. Valt was now discussing things with his team.

I wanted to hear what they were saying. I couldn't remember what exactly had they discussed. I remembered seeing flashbacks of Shu and Lui's first battle.

Now that I think about it, it was a bit peculiar that some sort of disaster always happens every time they battled against each other. The first time Lui scarred Shu's eye. The second time Spryzen broke. The third time was when Shu was posing as Red Eye, and it resulted in Shu being unmasked. The fourth time Luinor broke.

I had to talk to the Beyclub somehow. But I was uncertain in just going up to them. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to come up to them. So I decided to call Valt instead.

Valt was surprised to suddenly receive a call from me. 'Rose? Why are you calling me now?'

'Sorry about that,' I said. 'I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk to you directly. I'm just concerned about how things are going.'

'It's a disaster,' Valt said. 'Lui is really strong. I think that we are going to lose.'

Then I heard a flurry of whispers. Then I heard Shu on the phone. 'Hello?'

'Shu?' I asked.

'Yeah,' said Shu. 'Is there something you want to say?'

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say. 'Let me speak to Valt again,' I said.

I heard some more whispers before Valt's voice came on the phone again.

'Valt, who are you planning to send out next?' I asked.

'I don't know,' he said. 'There's a high chance that Lui will go out again, but Gabe could also go out.'

In the show, Valt had sent himself out four times. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Since this was the first time he is captain, I guess that it made sense for him to make poor decisions. In Season 2, Valt was a much better captain.

'Valt, I think that you should send someone else for a change,' I told him. 'I think that Lui can guess your blading style by now.'

'You're right,' said Valt. 'I'll send out Shu next.'

'What?' I heard Wakiya say over the phone. 'But I didn't get my turn yet!'

I quickly hung up before laughing. Poor Wakiya. I don't blame him for being annoyed though. Kairi had overheard Wakiya and also giggled.

I wasn't sure if Shu would be able to take a point from Lui, considering that he had been out of action for a while. Valt had told me a few hours earlier that he thought that Shu would train all night if he could. I hoped that Valt was just joking.

Luckily for the Beyclub, Shu did manage to take a point from Lui. And luckily for both of them, no huge disaster happened. Though I can't imagine what disaster could possibly happen this time.

'We're tied!' said Kairi. 'The next battle should be able to decide everything. Both teams are one point away from winning.'

I had a feeling that I already knew how this was going to end, but I said nothing.

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

As I had predicted, the Beyclub had lost. Valt and Lui had faced each other and Valt had lost. I was disappointed, but not surprised.

However, there was one more question I wanted to ask. 'Shu, why do you and Lui hate each other so much?'

'I don't know why Lui hates me,' said Shu. 'But I hate him because of our first match.'

He didn't elaborate further, but he didn't have to. I already knew what had happened in the match, but I wasn't going to say so.