The Snake Pit

I was shocked when I heard a mysterious voice. "I am Ashtem. Enter if you dare."

I shivered. Although Ashtem wasn't the most powerful villain I have seen on TV, there was something about him that terrified me more than Maleficent or Lord Voldemort. I may have thought that Theodore Glass was creepy, but I was terrified of Ashtem.

Of course, everyone else wasn't scared at all, and went inside the building. I slowly trailed behind them.

The door closed loudly behind me, making me jump. "I don't like this," I said.

"Don't worry," said Valt. "We should find Shu soon, then we can get out of here."

However, I knew that we weren't getting out of here anytime soon.

We went in an elevator. It felt awfully cramped with six of us. I was relieved that Cuza wasn't here. It would be even more cramped.

We ended up in a room with many people training. Some of them were younger than me. I felt slightly sick. These poor kids!

When I had seen them on TV, I thought of how I wanted to save them from the Snake Pit. They should be enjoying their childhoods.

I was eight years old in my real life when I first watched the episode when Lloyd magically aged into a teenager in Ninjago. The thought of losing my childhood in a flash saddened me. I had wished that Lloyd could get his childhood back someday.

Just then, my thoughts were interrupted when a boy collapsed onto the ground. It was Boa Alcazaba. Valt ran up to him.

"Whoa there, take it easy," he said. "A little rest won't hurt."

I saw Silver Eye walk up to Boa. "You can leave if you can't handle it," he said. Boa slowly got up again.

"This is awful!" said Kairi. "This should be considered child abuse!"

The others questioned if Shu had been through this as well. Silver Eye told us to follow him.

We were led to a strange room. Ashtem and Norman Tarver/Gold Eye were waiting for us.

I hid behind the others. I was certain that Ashtem would recognize me. Hopefully he doesn't figure out that I know a lot about him.

"So you're the leader?" asked Kairi. "Where is Shu?"

Ashtem didn't answer her question. He said that Shu was too weak for Spryzen.

Valt wasn't having any of it and told Ashtem that Shu was an amazing blader. "He is one of the Supreme Four. He earned that title!"

Ashtem explained that we had to battle some Snake Pit bladers to get to Red Eye. "Wait, what about the girls?" asked Rantaro.

"They may come along with you," said Ashtem.

The boys were shocked to find out that the Snake Pit bladers had Shadow copies of their beys. Now that I think about it, I never found out why they had copies of the beys in the first place.

The first room was a room that was like a tropical forest. It was like we were at the jungle again.

Yellow Eye had this peculiar accent that sounded fake. Rantaro battled him and lost.

Suddenly, a trapdoor opened up and he almost fell in. I was prepared and grabbed him. Everyone else joined me and pulled him out.

"Wait, is this allowed?" asked Yellow Eye in a more normal voice.

Ashtem decided to allow Rantaro to stay. Yellow Eye shrugged and pointed us to another door.

The next room was almost completely dark. Black Eye greeted us and claimed that he's a fortune teller.

Then he pulled out a crystal ball from seemingly nowhere. Daigo faced him.

The battle proceeded the same as the show. The only difference is that Daigo's cheating wasn't mentioned because it never happened.

Once Daigo won, Black Eye fell through a trapdoor. I felt bad for him. Nobody deserved such a fate.

Just then, trapdoors appeared everywhere. We all panicked and quickly ran to the next door.

"Who does this guy think he is?" I asked. "Master Chen?"

"Now that I think about it, Master Chen was a fan of trapdoors," said Kairi.

"Don't worry," said Valt. "There's only two of us left. We are going to defeat Red Eye and rescue Shu."

Just then, a wall started to move from behind us. We ran all the way to an ice door and broke through.

This room resembled the artic. It was so cold that I thought that I was going to freeze. Azure Eye appeared with two sleigh dogs.

I must admit, the dogs were quite cute. I would have probably asked Azure Eye if I could play with them if the conditions were different.

Valt nervously stepped onto an ice block. "It's just like ice skating," I told him.

I think that my advice helped him a little. Good thing too, for Cuza wasn't here to teach him how to balance himself.

Valt won his battle, and Azure Eye fell through a trapdoor. This time, we didn't hang around and got out of the room in a hurry.

However, Wakiya had the worst battling conditions. We stepped onto a very high platform. I felt my insides clenching up again.

"Oh no," I said. "I'm terrified of heights."

Wakiya was terrified as well. He hung on to Rantaro.

Violet Eye was waiting at the other end of the beydish. "Come on," he said. "I don't have all day."

Kairi held Wakiya's hand. "I'll take him," she said. She led Wakiya to the middle of the platform.

However, Wakiya was still scared. "I know that you chose this because you know about my fear of heights!"

Valt suggested Shu's closed-eye launch. However, there came a surprise.

Shu/Red Eye had appeared.