Surprise Visit

I don't remember feeling so tense in a plane before. The flight was 13 hours, but it felt like 13 days. No, 13 weeks.

I freaked every time the plane shook the tiniest bit. I think that I may have PTSD.

I fell asleep halfway through the flight. I woke up when the plane landed, but I still felt exhausted.

I was amazed at the sight of New York City. The buildings were all so tall. There were many cars on the road. My new parents told me to stay near them at all times. In Japan, I had been allowed to roam freely. Is there a higher chance of getting kidnapped here than in Japan?

Oh, wait. Shu technically got kidnapped by Theodore Glass in the show.

We took a taxi to my grandparents' house. It was quite small, and modest. But I felt super awkward when an elderly lady came out and hugged me.

'Oh Rose, it's been so long! You have grown!"

"Er... Hi Grandma," I said. Thankfully no one seemed suspicious, so I must have guessed right.

There were a ton of photographs in the house. Many were of my new Mom growing up, but there were photos of me (the real Rose) as a little kid. I cringed so hard when I saw a photo of little me wearing an Ariel dress and holding an orange bucket. Must be a Halloween picture.

I was taken to my room, which happened to be in the attic. I thought that it was cool. I have never lived in an attic before.

I unpacked my stuff. Just as I was placing my stuffed toys on my bed, I heard a knock on the door (which was on the ground). 'Come in,' I said.

My new Mom poked her head in. 'Rose, Stella is here.'

Who's Stella? But then a girl with short blonde hair and bright green eyes came into the attic. She seemed to know me.

'Rose, it's you!' she said. 'It has been so long. And why didn't you ever write to me?'

'Er...'

'Relax, I'm only teasing. I know that you don't like writing anyway. Tell me all about Japan. What's it like?'

'Japan's nice,' I said. 'I made a lot of new friends there.'

'Ooh, what's that bracelet you're wearing?' asked Stella. 'Can I have it?'

'Have it?' I asked. 'As in keeping it permanently?'

'What else would I mean, silly?' asked Stella.

'But my boyfriend gave it to me,' I said.

'You have a boyfriend?' asked Stella. 'What is he like?'

'Actually, you can meet him if you like.'

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

I can't believe that I'm actually doing this.

Stella and I had gone to the Raging Bulls by taxi. Stella had talked my ear off the entire way. She said that I always gave her my things if she wanted them. Apparently I had once given her my favourite Cinderella lunchbox.

Is Rose a submissive person? It seemed that America Rose was super different from Japan Rose. I just kept thinking about Shu.

The minute I walked into a training room, I felt super awkward. There were no girls at all! Twenty boys were staring at me and Stella. 'Who are you?' asked a dark boy.

'Let me guess,' said a tall teenage boy. 'Kid Ariel and genderbent Lloyd Garmadon.'

I gasped. How rude! Nobody from Japan was that rude.

'We're here to visit somebody,' I said.

'Can someone get Mr Glass?' asked a young fair boy.

'He's away,' said the dark boy.

'He's always away,' I heard someone grumble. I felt certain that I already knew where Theodore was.

'Where's your boyfriend?' asked Stella impatiently.

Where was Shu? I was about to ask when I heard voices from the exercise room. Well, I think it is the exercise room. I looked inside.

Shu was trying to talk to another boy older than him. The other boy said, 'You shouldn't be here! Why did Theodore Glass let you in this team if you have holes in your memory.'

'I told you that I had an accident and had minor brain damage,' said Shu. 'But that doesn't affect my abilities at all.'

'Shu?' I asked.

Shu turned around and gasped when he saw me. 'Rose,' he said.

I smiled at him and ran to hug him. 'I missed you,' I said.

'You're here?' he asked.

'Yeah,' I said. 'I'm visiting my grandparents. Oh, and meet Stella...' I suddenly realised that I didn't know her last name.

'Stella Williams,' she said. 'And you are?'

'Shu Kurenai,' he said. 'Are you Rose's friend?'

'Yeah,' said Stella.

'Shu, your teammates are so rude,' I said. 'They insulted Stella and I.'

'No girls allowed,' snapped the other boy.

'Says who?' asked Stella.

'Er, well, um...'

'He's making it up,' said Shu. 'They just don't like girls.'

'Why?' I asked.

Shu looked embarrassed. 'Because... They think that girls are weak.'

'What?' asked Stella. 'What is this, the nineteenth century?'

'Who's the boy?' I asked.

The older boy walked up to me. 'Listen, Ariel...'

'My name is Rose!'

'Yeah, well, I'm just going to call you Ariel. My name is Howard Bentley, and you should stay out of my way. It's bad enough having a photo of you in my dorm.'

I suddenly understood. Howard was Shu's roommate. No wonder Shu never let me see his roommate. Howard didn't want to see me.

I didn't really mind being called Ariel, but Howard had acted like being Ariel was an insult. If this was the kind of people Shu had to put up with, then I feel sorry for him.