The Play

I was super curious about what Shu wanted to tell me. In the next week, he had two memory lapses.

The first one was when we were having a test in class. Shu suddenly asked, 'Where am I?' Everyone turned around and stared at him. The teacher didn't think that it was funny though.

The second memory lapse occurred when Shu and I were at a cafe. Shu was ordering his food when he suddenly forgot what he wanted. He looked so confused that I had to finish his order for him.

I decided to warn Valt about Shu's retrograde amnesia. Needless to say that Valt had panicked and fussed over Shu, despite the latter insisting that he's fine. I'm worried about him too. He still hasn't told me what he had wanted to tell me that day so I guess that he still hasn't remembered it yet.

But I was too busy focusing on the play. I got anxious every time I thought of performing in front of an audience. Everyone assured me that I will be completely fine, but I still felt uneasy.

The day of the play arrived. I was so terrified that I didn't feel like eating breakfast, in spite of the plate of pancakes topped with honey, butter and strawberries.

'Rose, you should eat,' said my new Mom.

'I'm not hungry,' I said.

'Don't worry. It's perfectly normal to get stage fright before performing in a play,' said my new Mom. 'I'll give you some cookies to bring.'

'Thanks,' I said. My new Mom didn't have a chance to say anything else since she had to rush to the bathroom.

As I arrived at school, I noticed that I wasn't the only one worried about my performance. Kairi was attempting to soothe a frightened Sakura, who was crying. I think that Hachiro was also nervous, though I never saw his face. He's probably ignoring me.

I shared my cookies with Sakura. Kairi suggested that I also do that in the play. She told me to look after Sakura and went to where the audience would be sitting.

I made a last quick check to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I already knew all of my lines and was already in my costume. No time to panic. I had to give my best performance.

A few hours later, the play started. It actually ran quite smoothly. I actually had quite a bit of fun.

When it came to the scene where Robert brought Giselle to his office, it was pretty comical. I had to look everywhere in excitement. I also had to cry when I am told about the couple divorcing. It wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be. I just imagined the ending of the third season in Ninjago (I'm not saying what happened).

I liked the restaurant scene. But my favourite part of the play was the ball.

Despite what anyone says about Giselle's purple dress in the movie, I actually liked it. Sure it doesn't exactly look like something Giselle would wear normally, but that's the point!

What I was really afraid of was whether I could pretend to be unconscious realistically after eating the poisoned apple. Really, I felt more like Snow White than Giselle when I held the apple (don't panic, it's not really poisoned).

I closed my eyes, bit into the apple, and faked falling unconscious. And let me tell you, it's not easy pretending to be passed out. I wonder how Amy Adams managed it.

I could hear the other actors' voices, which meant that I would know when to open my eyes. I felt rather grossed out when the actors for Edward and Robert kissed me. Neither of them felt as good as Shu. Mainly because I didn't know them.

I was so happy when the play was over. Everyone seemed to have liked it. My new parents congratulated me.

'How did you do it?' asked Valt. 'How did you fake being unconscious so well? I wasn't sure if you were really unconscious or just acting.'

'And you really acted like a Disney Princess back there,' said Daigo. 'I don't know how you memorized all of those lines.'

To be honest, I wasn't sure how I did it either. I just smiled and shrugged.

'You were so good,' said Kairi as she came over holding Sakura's hand. 'I thought that Shu would burst with jealousy when he saw those other actors kiss you. It did seem a little gross.'

'Well, tell Shu that I did not enjoy getting kissed by random people,' I said. I didn't mention that the actors for Edward and Robert were just as grossed out as I was and the three of us went to the bathroom to rinse our mouths out.

'Wait, where is Shu?' I asked.

Valt looked around. 'Weird. I could have sworn that he was here with me.'

'I'll go look for him,' I said. I was still wearing the dress Giselle wears at the end of the movie.

I found Shu on the rooftop. 'Hi Shu,' I said. 'What are you doing here?'

'I was just thinking,' said Shu.

'Are you upset about two random boys kissing me?' I asked.

Shu looked confused. 'What?' he asked.

'Did you forget again?' I asked.

'Oh, sorry,' said Shu. 'My head is bothering me.'

'Maybe you should go home,' I said.

'Actually, I have just remembered what I wanted to tell you,' said Shu.

'What is it?' I asked.

Shu looked uncomfortable. He took a deep breath before saying, 'I am moving to America.'