Naoki the Scientist

I was very thankful when the National Tournament started. There had been so much drama that it was almost a relief to fall back into familiar territory.

Valt, who had been in a bit of a slump since the team battles ended, seemed to be back to normal. But Kairi seemed to be acting strange.

Valt kept talking enthusiastically about the new season of Ninjago and his opponent, who happened to be Naoki Minamo the scientist. I didn't like Naoki much, and I already knew what was going to happen in the new season of Ninjago. But I listened patiently.

Just then, Valt received a phone call that left him flipping out.

'What's wrong?' I asked.

'My Mom's hurt!' said Valt.

I stared at him in surprise. From what I remember, the phony phone call told him that his mother was going to sell the oven. Please don't tell me that the English dub of Beyblade Burst changed the conversation.

'Look, I'll go and check up on your Mom,' I told Valt. 'You can't afford to miss your match.'

'Would you really do that?' asked Valt. 'Oh Rose, you're an angel! No wonder Shu likes you.'

'I'm not an angel,' I told Valt. But it wasn't much use telling him that. He was just too innocent.

Even though I knew that Chiharu was fine, I had to go to Valt's house so that Valt himself would know too. It was a major pain walking all the way there. Chiharu was surprised to see me, but she understood when I explained to her why I was there. 

Of course, this meant that I had to walk all the way back to tell Valt that his mother was alright. When everyone else heard about the phony phone call, they all were cross. 

'Who would do such a mean thing?' asked Rantaro.

'Was it a joke?' asked Kairi.

'Well, it's not a funny one,' said Daigo.

Valt had already finished his match against Naoki and won. He was happy because he had won and thankful that his mother was okay.

I felt tired, so I went back home. I noticed my new parents discussing something, but I wasn't in the least interested in their conversation. I just collapsed in bed and fell asleep.

I don't know how long I had slept. The next thing I knew, someone was shaking me awake. I opened my eyes groggily.

My new Mom said, 'Rose, it's time for dinner. Your father and I want to discuss something with you.'

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was still drowsy from just waking up. 'Fine,' I said.

I was curious about what my new parents wanted to talk to me about, so I ate my dinner quickly.

However, I did not expect my new Mom to say, 'I am pregnant.'

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

I'm going to be a big sister?

I was already an older sister in my real life. Now I'm going to be an older sister here?

I was looking forward to telling my friends about this, but then I noticed Valt trying to protect Shu in ridiculous ways. He constantly checked corridors to make sure that they were clear and hovered around Shu.

I opened my mouth to ask what was going on, but then I remembered that Valt was paranoid about Jin Aizawa.

Valt told me all about the Beyclub's encounter with Jin and what happened afterwards during Gym class. We were playing tennis today, but as I wasn't much good at that I didn't mind listening to Valt.

'I'm sure that Shu can protect himself,' I told Valt. 'He's not helpless.'

'Yeah, but I am worried,' said Valt.

I almost jumped out of my skin as a tennis ball brushed against my legs as it wooshed past me. 'Hey!' I said.

'Sorry,' came a voice.

'Oh, Valt, I'm going to be a big sister,' I told him. 'My Mom's pregnant.'

'Wow! That's fantastic,' said Valt. 'It must be wonderful for you.'

I nodded eagerly. 'Yeah,' I said.

After Gym had finished, I quickly ran off to Math class so that I could talk to Shu. But guess who was waiting for me outside the gym. Yep, it was Hachiro.

'Hey there gorgeous,' he said. I groaned. 'What. Do. You. Want?' I asked.

'Somebody call security, because my heart has been stolen,' said Hachiro. Not another cringy pick up line!

So I quickly ran all the way to Math class. Shu was astonished when he saw me panting.

'Rose, have you been training for the marathon?' he asked.

'No,' I said. 'I have been trying to get away from Hachiro.'

'Oh,' said Shu. 'I see.'

I felt a little flustered. I didn't feel comfortable watching Shu get all jealous. I don't blame him. It must be annoying to watch some other guy flirting with your girlfriend.

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

Everyone seemed to know that my new Mom was pregnant, for everyone kept asking me about how I felt about being a big sister. I didn't like this one bit.

After school was Shu's match against Jin. I told him good luck. Just then, I saw Kairi looking embarrassed.

'I can't believe I actually did that!' said Kairi.

'What did you do?' I asked.

'I asked Wakiya to the Valentine Party,' said Kairi.

'What did he say?' I asked.

'He just stared at me,' said Kairi. 'Like he couldn't believe his ears. I don't blame him. I must have looked like an idiot.'

There was no time to think about that, for the matches were beginning.

Shu won the first battle, but then he got blinded by a flash of light in the second battle. I looked into the distance, looking for the speck of light that would blind Shu and saw it.

Of course, Shu refused to be daunted and just launched with his eyes closed. I just don't know how he came up with that on the spot. How does he remain so calm under pressure?

Long story short, Shu won his match. I told the Beyclub about the flash of light I had seen. The Aoi twins had seen it too, so we all searched for the source of the light.

It was some sort of mechanical device. I forgot it's name. Valt went livid at once and went off to confront Jin.

I wondered why Daigo didn't mention talking to Jin before the match, but he didn't say anything. Just then, I remembered that I had convinced Daigo not to cheat in the Regional Tournament. So that meant that he didn't think of talking to Jin before the match.

'Wait!' I said as I ran after Valt. 'I don't think Jin did it.'

Valt looked at me in surprise. 'Then who do you think did it?' he asked.

Before I could even open my mouth, Nika said, 'Naoki.'