Fangirl?

When I went to the Beyclub, everyone was present except for Valt. He was probably running late again. Kairi was there too.

"Everyone, this is Claire Granger," I said. "She's a new transfer student from France."

Claire smiled. "Hi," she said. "Are you Rose's friends?"

Everyone introduced themselves except for Shu. He just looked into the distance. I went up to him. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," said Shu. He wasn't even trying to be convincing. Was he more depressed than I thought?

"I remember seeing you guys on TV!" I heard Claire say. "My cousins are crazy about Beyblade, and when I stayed with them during the summer, I watched the World League with them. It was awesome. Can I get your autographs?"

"If you're getting the hots for any of them, don't go for Wakiya," said Kairi. "He's mine. Or Shu. He's Rose's boyfriend."

"Kairi!" I said. "Claire, this is Shu Kurenai."

Claire looked at Shu in a confused manner. I had half expected her to lose her mind, but I was relieved when she didn't.

"You... Also look familiar," said Claire. "But I don't quite remember..."

Just then, her eyes widened. "Wait a minute. Are you Red Eye?"

Shu gasped. I don't think I have ever seen him so scared before. "I... I have to go." And without another word, he ran off.

"Shu, wait!" I called out.

"Claire, you shouldn't have said that," said Daigo. "Yes, he was Red Eye, and he regrets it. He doesn't like talking about that."

"Sorry," said Claire. "I always say what's on my mind. My mother always told me to be honest."

"HEY, EVERYONE!"

Valt came running up to us, leaving a trail of dust in his wake (how does he manage it?). "Sorry I am late. I had something to do."

"Claire, this is..."

"OMG, YOU ARE VALT AOI!" screamed Claire. "I'M YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN!"

Claire somehow managed to be even louder than Valt, and everyone was covering their ears.

"Er... I'm... Honoured?" asked Valt.

"Oh, I'm Claire Granger," said Claire. "I think that you're amazing."

Has Valt already gained himself a fangirl? He looked super uncomfortable. "Um... That's nice, but why did Shu run past me earlier without saying anything?"

I sighed. "Claire asked him a very uncomfortable question, and he kind of freaked out."

"Oh," said Valt.

Suddenly, I received a ton of notifications on my phone. I saw more rude comments about Shu. "Oh no," I said.

"Oh no what?" asked Kairi.

I told everyone about the rude comments. The Beyclub was disgusted and Kairi was furious, but Claire looked uncomfortable.

"Oh," she said. "My cousins... They are only little kids, but they didn't like Red Eye. I mean, I don't blame them, but they wrote a bunch of rude things on YouTube. Things like Red Eye is very mean or Nobody likes you.

I was shocked. Those words were child's play compared to the other awful stuff Shu had to deal with, but I couldn't believe that little kids could be so cruel.

"Claire, you should tell them that it isn't right. Your cousins might think that it's okay to say rude things about people when they grow up."

"I will tell my aunt to tell them to stop," said Claire. "Oh dear, I laughed at some of those comments. I didn't realise that people's feelings could get hurt. My cousins always post rude comments about people they don't like. I should have said something about it."

I sighed. "I'll go after Shu," I said. I went to look for him.

I couldn't see him anywhere. I looked into the gym, in the classrooms, and even the school library. But that boy was almost impossible to find.

Was Shu in the bathroom? It would certainly explain why I couldn't find him as I can't go into the boy's bathroom. I sent him a text?

Me: Shu, are you okay?

I didn't expect Shu to reply, but he did.

Albino Bunny: Yeah, I'm okay.

Me: Don't lie to me. You're obviously upset.

Albino Bunny: I'll be okay.

Me: Are you sure? You seem depressed.

Albino Bunny: I'm not...

Me: Shu... What did I say about bottling up your emotions?

Albino Bunny: Fine, I'll tell you. Just stop acting like you're my Mom.

Shu and I ended up meeting at the fifth and sixth grade History classroom. He looked like he had been crying.

I was right. Shu had hidden in the bathroom. He didn't say a word. Instead, he had given me his phone. It turned out that he had been reading the rude comments about him.

"You don't listen to what anyone is saying," I told him. "You are a good person."

"It's impossible to ignore haters when people jeer at me and mock me in front of my face. Sometimes I have considered... No, I won't say it."

"Whatever it is, you better not do it," I said. "Your friends still care about you. Don't think of any dangerous stuff."

Shu sighed. "It's just... I want everything to stop. I just don't know how."

I felt really bad. If only there was some way I could make Shu smile again.