Daigo's Choice

Weeks passed. Shu and I kept our relationship a total secret from everyone. The only people who knew were everyone who was around when Shu and I became official.

I didn't go back to the dojo, so I never found out if Ukyo knew about us. But I was too excited to care. Christmas was coming up, and I was counting down the days to my first winter.

Before I knew it, it was the second last week of school before the Christmas holidays. I was in such a good mood that I didn't care when Tamiko gave me spiteful looks throughout Math class. Shu noticed them though, and gave her a look of warning.

As I exited class, I noticed Daigo was lost in thought. I wondered what was going on. I went up to him.

'Is everything okay?' I asked.

'Huh? Uh, well, I am a little worried about my upcoming match.'

Ah, Daigo was going up against Yugo in the Regional Tournament. A thought came into my head.

'How are you planning to win?'

'I... I'm not sure. Yugo is really tough. But I don't want to disappoint my brother.'

'Daigo, I'm sure no matter how you fare in the match, your brother will be proud of you try your best.'

'Well, thanks. I'll think about it. Are you going to be watching the match?'

'Maybe I will.'

Kairi was very excited about the Christmas holidays. 'Valt told me that his Mom is going to throw a Christmas party on Christmas Eve. He said that you're invited. He doesn't have time to tell you himself because he's too busy training.'

'That sounds fun. Is there any particular dress code?'

'No, it's an informal party. It will be fun. Apparently Mrs Aoi is making a new Christmas bread.'

It just occurred to me that I had not tasted Chiharu Aoi's beybread before. Now I was tempted to taste it.

I decided that maybe I would watch the Regional Tournament matches. Besides, I could talk with Shu there.

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

The area was super crowded. I could hardly find my way. It didn't help that there were so many teens and adults that blocked my view. Oh why did I have to be aged down? I wouldn't have that much trouble navigating in my old body.

Funny thing was that when I first saw Shu on TV, I thought that he was in his early teens. I was surprised to find out that he was only 11. Did he grow faster than other kids? I mean, in Beyblade Burst Turbo he already looked like an adult.

Just then, I spotted someone I could spot in any crowd. 'Xander, over here!' I called.

Xander looked at me, surprised. 'Rose! Are you lost?'

I nodded. 'I need to get to the bleachers to watch the matches.'

'Oh,' said Xander. 'Well, I'll show you.'

And without another word, he lifted me on his shoulders. I was not comfortable with that.

'Put me down! I'm scared of heights.'

'Really?' asked Xander. 'Okay.' He put me down again.

I was really thankful for that. If there was one thing Wakiya and I had in common, it was that we both shared a fear of heights.

Soon enough, I managed to find the bleachers and saw a few familiar faces. I saw Rantaro holding the hand of a young boy who looked like him. Was that Ranjiro? There were the Aoi siblings chatting about stuff. And there was Wakiya with Hoji and his two other friends.

Then I spotted Shu. He was surrounded by his fangirls and looked really bored. Poor Shu. He really couldn't catch a break.

When Shu saw me, he smiled. 'Hi Rose. Come to watch the match?'

'Yeah. Daigo...'

'So you're the pretty girl,' came a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a tall boy with sky blue hair in a ponytail and green eyes. I already knew who he was. Ukyo Ibuki the Shadow Walker.

It was still really startling. So he had been spying on me!

'Ukyo, leave Rose alone,' said Xander. 'You're always teasing girls.'

Ukyo shrugged. 'Sorry, couldn't resist.' He suddenly seemed to disappear into thin air.

'Where did he go?' I asked.

Shu sighed. 'Back into the shadows, I presume,' he said. 'So how's things?'

'Alright,' I said. 'How's your shoulder?'

'Better.'

Just then, the match started. The first battle proceeded as it did in the show. Then Valt came up to Daigo with a Victory Sandwich.

I noticed how uncertain Daigo looked as he prepared for the second battle. I clenched my fists. Please don't do it.

But then I noticed Daigo's expression. He seemed calmer than usual. It seemed that he had already made his decision.

As the second battle started, I noticed a huge difference. Yugo didn't get blinded.

I smiled. It seemed that I had made the first alteration to the show.