This Isn't You!

Wakiya miraculously got over his fear and battled both Violet Eye and Shu/Red Eye. However, he lost, and both he and Violet Eye fell from the platform.

Kairi screamed. "Wakiya!" she yelled. She suddenly slipped as she went forward and also fell.

Now everyone was alarmed. "Where did they go?" asked Valt.

"That's none of your business," said Shu/Red Eye.

"Spryzen belongs to Shu!" said Valt. He was preparing to step forward.

"Wait!" I said. I grabbed Valt and pulled him back. But then I made a misstep and slipped.

I managed to grab the edge of the platform. My acrophobia started to act up again. "Help! Somebody help me."

"Rose!" I heard voices call. Just then, I saw Shu/Red Eye walk up to me. He extended a hand.

Still nervous, I quickly grabbed his hand. Now my heart was going pitter-pat. I let Shu/Red Eye help me out.

The others looked confused. "Why are you helping her?" asked Daigo.

I stared at Shu/Red Eye for a while. Did he still have feelings for me? It seemed like he did. He slowly let go of my hand.

I went back to my friends, who still seemed surprised that Red Eye would have helped me.

Valt and Daigo would both battle Shu/Red Eye at the same time. They both discussed their strategy for a while. Then they started the battle.

Of course, both Valt and Daigo lost. I had expected it, so I wasn't surprised.

Just then, something peculiar happened. The platforms beneath the boys opened and they all fell down. But I didn't fall at all.

I looked at Shu/Red Eye. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Just leave," said Shu/Red Eye.

I grabbed his hand. "I'm not leaving until you tell me why wasn't I expelled with the others."

Shu/Red Eye shook his hand away. "I'll ask someone to lead you out."

"Answer me!" I yelled, but he stayed silent. I started to get impatient.

"Don't give me the silent treatment! Just answer me already, Shu!"

Whoops. Big mistake. Shu/Red Eye was now staring at me in shock. "W... What? H... How?"

"I know it's you, Shu. I knew it from the start."

"W... Why didn't you say anything?"

"I just want to know. This whole thing... That isn't you! You're Shu Kurenai, the boy I fell in love with. Why did you cut me off? Why did you cut everyone off? Why did you abandon..."

"Interesting," came a voice. Ashtem had appeared!

Shu and I were gasping in horror as we stepped back.

"Never had anyone seen through the mask," said Ashtem. "What's your name, girl?"

I stayed silent. So did Shu.

"Wait, a minute, that was the girl with you at the Raging Bulls, wasn't it?" Ashtem told Shu. "Rose, is it?"

"Please don't hurt her," said Shu.

Ashtem gave him a look. "I thought that I made it clear. You had to sever all attachments. Past romances included."

Suddenly, a thought came to me. "Shu, were you already in the Snake Pit when we had our last conversation?"

Shu stayed silent, confirming my suspicions. I groaned. "Shu, how can you..."

"I can't afford to have anyone knowing," said Ashtem. He walked up to me. "If I hear a single word that tells me that you have told anyone, you will regret it."

I stepped back, feeling scared. "I... I..."

Just then, I slipped and fell. I heard Shu yelling my name. "Rose!"

The fall was terrifying, and the next thing I knew, I was lying in a grassy bank. "What happened?"

"Rose!" called out Valt. "We were so worried."

"What happened?" asked Kairi. "Did Red Eye hurt you?"

"No, he didn't," I said.

"Why didn't you fall the same time as us?" asked Rantaro.

"I... I don't know." I was terrified of what Ashtem would do if I exposed the truth.

I wasn't afraid of bullies, but this guy was an evil psychopath.

I thought of Shu. Was he secretly terrified of Ashtem too?

I also thought of the masked bladers the Beyclub had battled. They didn't really seem that bad. Was it possible that they were just as brainwashed as Shu?

Just then, Boa came by and led us back to the outside of the jungle. He said that he was envious that all of the boys except Rantaro got to battle Red Eye.

Kairi saw my expression and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm sure that Shu can handle himself."

I said nothing. I wished that I could help Shu. But I couldn't call him anymore, and we would be in two different countries.

As we prepared to leave Mexico, Valt suddenly let out a gasp. "Look, it's Cuza!"

I was surprised to see Cuza jumping on a trampoline and putting on a show for locals. What luck to catch him before setting off again.

Well, Cuza was introduced to the non-BC Sol members, and was told about the reason we were in Mexico.

Cuza asked about Shu, and Daigo told him about Shu being a strong rival. Valt told him about Shu being an amazing friend and his cooking skills. I wasn't really interested, and mostly zoned out of the conversation.

"Oh yeah!" Valt suddenly said. "Shu is Rose's boyfriend!"

"Valt!" I said, my face as red as Shu's eyes.

"Shu loves Rose a lot," said Valt. "She was the one to tell us that Shu is missing."

Why did Valt have to bring that up?