Night Adventure

I woke up snuggled in Shu's fuzzy blankets. For a moment, I wondered why my bed seemed to smell of Shu. Then I remembered that I was in Shu's bed, not mine.

Wait. Where was Shu? I decided to look for him. I went into the living room. I saw Shu stirring something in the kitchen.

'Shu, what are you doing? It's the middle of the night!' I said. But there was no response from him. I went up to him and took his hand.

'Hey, I'm talking to you,' I said.

I suddenly noticed that Shu's eyes looked glassy and unfocused. I realized that he must be sleepwalking.

I sighed. 'Come on, let's go to bed,' I told him.

Just then, a flashlight shone on both of us. I turned around to see Mrs Kurenai in a pink nightgown. She looked livid.

'What are the two of you doing?' she asked. 'And why are you wearing my son's clothes?'

Oops. I forgot that I was still wearing Shu's red hoodie. I figured out that it wasn't a good time to mention that Shu was wearing my clothes which I had loaned him when he stayed over at my house. And why does Mrs Kurenai have the nerve to call Shu her son when she doesn't bother keeping in touch with him?

'Shu is sleepwalking,' I said. 'I'll take him back to bed now.'

'Can't you just wake him up?' snapped Mrs Kurenai.

'You should never wake up a sleepwalker,' I said. 'The shock can harm them.'

But did Mrs Kurenai listen? Nuh uh. She just pushed Shu and he fell onto the ground. And he definitely woke up.

He just lay on the ground, looking around in fright. 'Where am I?' he asked. 'What happened?'

Poor Shu. It must have been a shock for him to wake up in the kitchen instead of his bedroom.

I tried to explain everything to him, but his mother grabbed his hand and threw him back into his room before locking the door.

'Hey! You can't do that!' I said.

'Don't tell me what I can and can't do,' said Mrs Kurenai.

'But I'm staying there,' I said.

'Just sleep outside,' snapped Mrs Kurenai.

I was furious with this woman. I wanted to call my new parents and tell them everything.

However, that wasn't an option because my phone was in Shu's room! And so were most of my things. It didn't help that Shu was banging on the door, yelling, 'Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!'

I wanted to call the cops and report Shu's parents for child abuse! Oh, wait. My phone was in Shu's room. Blow!

~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~

I ended up sleeping on the couch. It wasn't too bad when I got used to it. That was why I wasn't too pleased to be woken up by six in the morning the next day by Mr Kurenai, who was yelling at Shu for some reason.

'Can you quiet down? I'm trying to sleep,' I muttered.

However, it was a bad thing to say for Mr Kurenai suddenly started yelling at me next. I could feel Shu's warm arms picking me up. Was Shu carrying me?

However, I was too sleepy to care and just snuggled against Shu. Later, he placed me on a soft surface.

'Don't go,' I muttered. Shu just stroked my hair. I felt myself slipping back into unconsciousness.

For the second time, I woke up in Shu's bed and snuggled into his blankets. I suddenly understood what had happened. Shu must have been let out of his room this morning, had an argument with his Dad and once he saw me on the couch, he carried me back into his room, placed me onto his bed and tucked me in.

I got out of bed and saw Shu making some pancakes. He smiled at me when he saw me. 'Good morning,' he said. 'Slept well?'

'Yeah,' I muttered with a yawn. 'What time is it?'

'It's 9.30 a.m.,' said Shu. 'I thought that you might want to sleep in.'

'Why didn't you sleep in?' I asked.

Shu sighed. 'I had to make breakfast for my parents,' he said. 'I don't have to, but I want to. And I usually go for a jog first thing in the morning. So I usually wake up at five on weekdays.'

'Shuuuuu...'

'What?'

'What did I tell you about not getting enough sleep?'

'Rose, I know that my Mom isn't going to win The Mother of the Year award, but you don't need to take over her job.'

'Isn't your mother a scientist?'

'You know what I mean.'

Well, Shu served me some pancakes. 'Here you go.'

'Can I have butter and honey?'

Shu smiled. 'Rose, I didn't know that you have a sweet tooth like Valt.'

'I like sweet stuff.'

Shu did top up my pancakes with butter and honey. It looked so good.

However, there was one thing I wanted to know. 'Shu, what were you arguing with your Dad about?'

Shu went quiet. I looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

'Well, my parents were still upset that I brought you home. They don't like kids in general. Including me.'

'What?' I said.

'I'm an accident baby,' said Shu. 'They didn't plan on having children at all. That's why they hate me.'

'Wow, it's like the hated child without a favourite child.'

I ate the pancakes Shu had made. Then later, I decided to go home. I packed up my things. Then I noticed the damage on Spryzen and remembered to warn Shu.

'You should get Spryzen fixed up as soon as possible. Or else it's going to break.'

'But I don't know anyone who can fix up Spryzen,' said Shu. 'Besides, there's no time.'

'Please, Shu?' I begged, making my eyes go as big as possible. Sorry, but I was desperate.

'Whoa there, calm down,' said Shu. 'I'll be more careful, I promise.'

I had a really bad feeling about this.