Heartbroken

I went back to America, feeling empty. I couldn't stop thinking about Shu.

I tried texting him, but even though Shu read my texts, he never responded.

I didn't go back to the Raging Bulls either. If Theodore knew that I knew that he was Ashtem, who knows what that deranged man would do to me.

I didn't go to the amusement park with Stella. I was just that sad.

Valt and the others continued to provide me with news. I heard about Cuza joining BC Sol, Clio joining Daigo's team, and some of the BC Sol team being in Joshua Burns' movie.

I didn't like Joshua Burns at all. That guy was so full of himself. If anyone was asked if they preferred Joshua or Zac the Sunrise, everyone would say Zac.

Zac has a lot of charisma and is genuinely a nice person. Although he is quite confident in himself, he doesn't pass off as arrogant.

Another reason to avoid the Raging Bulls is that I didn't want to see Joshua at all. Though I would have liked to see his room full of Free posters. I don't mean posters that he is giving away. I mean posters of Free De La Hoya.

I decided to make a bold move and sent Shu a text which said this: Shu Kurenai, I know that you are Red Eye. I need answers from you. If you won't call or text me, I will try to meet you in person, even if it means I have to go back to Mexico and search the Snake Pit for you.

I didn't tell anyone that Shu was Red Eye. Even if they believed me, it would raise a lot of questions.

My parents were very worried about me. They assumed that I was missing Shu, but it was only half of the truth.

"Rose, I'm sure that Shu will turn up sooner or later," said my Mom. "He probably went on a training journey or something."

To my shock, Shu actually replied! He said: I don't know how you figured out that it was me, but if you really want to meet me, fine. I'll come back to the US in secret. Don't tell anyone that we are meeting. Least of all anyone in the Raging Bulls. Meet me at the zoo in two days at noon.

I couldn't believe it. Shu was actually going to give me answers! And he was coming back?

I didn't tell my parents that I was meeting Shu, only that I wanted to go to the zoo. They agreed to take me.

As I walked into the zoo, I suddenly noticed Free looking at a tiger. What is up with that boy and animals?

As a kid, I had liked visiting zoos. It was fun seeing all of the animals.

Later, I was walking past a storage room when a hand pulled me inside. "Hey!" I yelled. "Let me go."

"Shh, it's me," came a familiar voice. I was face-to-face with Shu in his Snake Pit uniform. He was wearing his mask as well.

"Shu!" I said. "Are you nuts? We can't be in here. We will be in so much trouble."

Shu placed a chair to block up the door. "I'm trying not to be seen. I just left the Snake Pit to go on a training journey."

"Shu, why did you leave?" I asked. "I was so worried about you."

"I... I can't say."

"Shu, take off your mask. It feels like I'm talking to a completely different person."

Shu hesitated for a moment, but then took off his mask.

I looked into his crimson eyes. "Shu, you've changed..."

"I shouldn't even be here," said Shu. "Ashtem said that... No, I can't tell you."

"He said what?" I asked.

Shu shook his head, refusing to answer.

"Shu, please come back," I said. "Everyone misses you."

Shu held my hands and kissed me. I could tell that he was really sad.

"I'm sorry Rose," he said. "I love you, but I can't be with you anymore. It's not safe."

I gasped. "Are you..."

"I think that we should break up," said Shu. "It's not safe for you to be around me. I don't care if I get in trouble, but I would never forgive myself if you got hurt because of me."

I started to cry. "No Shu, please don't. We can figure something out, please."

Now Shu was crying too. He let go of me. "I'm sorry, Rose. I will never forget you." He put on his mask again and went out.

I broke down, sobbing. What was Shu so afraid to tell me? Why did he say it wasn't safe?

Just then, I heard girls squealing. I looked out to find Joshua Burns surrounded by fangirls. What was going on here?