Prequel- Chapter 9: First Date

Alena Fleur

"You are a man of your words, I see," I teased when I opened the door and found Elian sporting a red denim jacket.

"I had to go buy this," he grumbled, rolling his eyes.

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Baby, it was a joke, though."

Yesterday, after my exams were over after one week, we were riding on his motorbike when I told him that he had to wear something red for me since we missed our chance to celebrate Valentine's Day. It was solely for the purpose of teasing him. As expected, he profusely denied it, but in the end, he gave in to my persistence and said that he would wear a red denim jacket or shirt.

The more time I spent with him, the more I realized he was the perfect guy for me. He knew when to say yes to me and when not to. He told me no when I asked him to come to my place on Valentine's Day, despite my midterms being ongoing. Apparently, because he knew he distracted me. However, he sent me a huge box of chocolates instead, which would also help with my stress-eating.

"I know," Elian said, then added playfully, "But you have to admit this jacket does look good on me, doesn't it?"

"Yes, it does," I agreed wholeheartedly. "You can pull off any look. If you couldn't, I wouldn't even be dating you."

"And here I thought you weren't superficial."

"Oh, I'm superficial, alright. I mean it. Thank your parents for the good genes," I joked.

"I'll be sure to let them know." He winked at me, and I swear my stomach did a flip-flop.

I glanced down at my red crop top and black ripped jeans and asked, "How do I look?"

He smiled and kissed my nose. "Perfect as always, babe. Because I wouldn't settle for someone any lesser, either."

I grinned ear to ear and cheered, "I have taught you well!"

After our little flirting, I locked my door before wrapping my arm around his and happily hopping toward his car.

"Where are we going first?" I asked once I was done securing the seatbelt around me.

"That's a surprise—"

"I hate surprises," I cut him off bluntly.

"Okay then. We are going to an escape room," he simply said, and I smiled at the fact that he always rolls with me so fast.

"Escape room? That's a unique idea. Where did you get it from?" I inquired while he pulled out of the driveway.

"My best friends suggested it."

"Your best friends?" I arched an eyebrow. "You have never talked about them before. I was starting to think you were actually a loner behind your popular facade," I joked.

Elian chuckled. "To be frank, I really don't like making a lot of friends, but those two have stuck with me since childhood. They are like bugs I can't get rid of."

I laughed at the universal tendency to insult the best friends and asked him, "Do they go to our university?"

"No. Jace goes to UCLA. Ash took a two-year degree and started working. He comes to hang out with me at the campus sometimes."

"What are both of them like?"

"Annoying," he grumbled.

I chuckled. "What else?"

"Nah. Just annoying," he shrugged.

"C'mon, tell me."

"No, you tell me. Do you have a best friend?" he asked.