Chapter 33: Vacancy

Chapter 33: Vacancy

Alena Fleur

I was sleeping peacefully in Elian's arms until there was a knock on the door.

I cracked an eye open to search for the clock in the room until it landed on one. It was only five-thirty in the morning.

Who the hell has business with Elian so early in the morning?

I tapped Elian on his arms that were wrapped around my bare waist, mumbling, "There's someone at the door. Open it."

Elian grumbled something incoherent and rolled over to the side, indicating he didn't want to get up now.

Giving him a kick in the shin, I sat up, my brain dysfunctioning. I put on the white shirt I had worn last night and went to get the door.

I was rubbing my eyes as I looked at the younger man standing at the door, dressed in a gray hoodie and jeans, looking annoyingly fresh at such an early hour.

"Good morning, Big—woah, who are you, miss?"

"That's what I should be asking. Who the hell are you?" I wasn't the most polite person in the morning, so yeah, I was prepared to curse out indiscriminately at this unknown young man if he didn't disappear from my sight soon.

"You shouldn't still be here, you know? You should have left after your job," he said as if he was trying to make me understand something crucial.

"I don't understand what the fuck you are talking about. Why did the maids let such a weirdo in the mansion in the first place?"

"Why wouldn't they? It's my big bro's mansion."

"Yeah, right. The jokes on you. It's my boyfriend's mansion. Get lost." I was about to shut the door on his face, but I came to a screeching realization.

Wait, what? Big Bro?

Before I could even speak again, the uninvited guest was profusely apologizing, "Oh, no, you must be Alena. Shit, I'm so sorry. I thought you were a— Never mind, I'm Eltan, Elian's youngest brother."

I blinked a few times to adjust my vision, only to notice the identical black hair and green eyes just then.

"No, it's okay—" I started to say, but then, I realized what Eltan thought I was. "You thought of me as a pro— Do I look like a one-night stand to you?" I was pretty enough to be one, but I looked too innocent at first glance, especially with my slightly chubby cheeks which Elian often liked to poke fun at.

"No, of course not. I didn't know you and Big Bro made it official. So I just assumed—" Eltan paused for a second and took a calming breath, then composed himself enough to say, "Sorry, it was completely my misunderstanding. It was wrong of me to assume anything, especially something like that. I don't know why that even came to my head when Big Bro doesn't even sleep around in the first place."

His apology sounded genuine, so I tried to smile and said, "It's okay. What did you come here for, anyway?"

"Oh, nothing really. I was just bored, so I thought I would come and poke Big Bro."

"Oh, so your purpose here was to annoy Elian?" Eltan nodded unrepentantly. "Well, it has been a good meeting, Eltan. Goodnight." With that, I shut the door without any regrets.

No one messes with my sleep.

I crawled back into the bed beside Elian, and he automatically came to wrap me in a back hug.

"Was it Eltan?" he mumbled groggily.

I kicked him in the shin lightly again and said, "All of you brothers are jerks."