Chapter 34: Destiny

Chapter 34: Destiny

Alena Fleur

We got back to Elian's mansion after office because I wanted to have a chance to talk with Eltan.

"He sometimes stays with me, sometimes with our parents, even goes to visit Lance during holidays, but most of the time he's at his own apartment, working on his art gallery," Elian said when we were entering the mansion.

"It's really impressive how he has an art gallery at his age," I let out, genuinely impressed after hearing Eltan's achievements so far in the artistic world.

"It is." He smiled affectionately, then said, "Anyway, if you want to talk to him now, he might be in the gazebo. Ask a maid to show you the way. I have got a video conference, starting in five minutes, so I will be in my study."

"Okay, good luck."

After Elian went towards his study, I asked a maid to show me to the gazebo. It was in the back part of the mansion, and it was beautiful. I could see why Eltan loved hanging out here.

"Hey. What are you up to?" I greeted him when I found him laying down on the couch on his back with a sketchbook on his chest.

Eltan sat up and closed his sketchbook. He gave me a tired smile and said, "Stuck at something. But it's nothing. What about you? And where's Big Bro?"

"He's in the study. He has an important conference call with some foreign clients," I answered and sat on one of the single couches.

"I will never understand how you guys can keep working on such a tight schedule. I mean, sure, it's interesting for you guys. I will die if I have to keep working constantly every five days of the week."

I chuckled and said, "It depends on the person, actually. Like you said, Elian and I find business interesting, and we don't like loose schedules. You find art interesting and like loose schedules. All of us have our own passions and preference; everyone should respect each other's, right?"

"Right." His green eyes gleamed with excitement. "You're smart, and you understand my point. Some of my friends are always saying that doing art is really boring and all. But you didn't say that. I like you."

"Well, thank you."

"I have to admit, you and Elian are a perfect match," Eltan said with a smile. "Just like you, my big bro's one of the most understanding people I have ever met, and I'm really happy you guys got back together again. All of us were losing hope that he will never be truly happy again. Maybe whatever scandal that happened with the company was for the best. So that you guys can be together again. Elian doesn't believe in destiny, but I do, and I think it brought you guys together."

My heart melted at his sweet words. "Aww, I like you too now."

He laughed lightly. "I got myself a big sis then."

"Oh, my God, will you call me Big Sis? Please do. I have always dreamed of getting a younger brother," I squealed. "I can't believe I got two now."

"I heard from Scary Bro about you too," he admitted.

"Scary Bro?" I asked in confusion.

"I mean, Lance."

"Oh." I laughed. "The name suits him." I laughed a little more and asked, "He bitches about me, doesn't he?"

Eltan shook his head. "He actually likes you too, despite you bullying him."

"He says I bully him? How could he?" I gasped, pretending to be scandalized at the accusation. "He's the one who bullies me."