Chapter 30: Tracing Memories

Alena Fleur

The rest of the week wasn't as eventful as I hoped it would be.

Elian and I had an unspoken rule that no romance during work—free and break times were an exception. As much as I felt giddy to see him anytime, it was in our best interest to keep our work and private lives separate.

I made sure that spending more time in Elian's cabin didn't catch Anya's eyes. The last thing I needed was for Anya to get on my back actively, knowing that I was involved with Elian.

I wasn't afraid of Anya. Not that much, at least. After all, I had been secretly training under the personal trainer Lance sent for me every day after work. I now knew how to use more than three types of guns, how to get out of being captive, and a lot more.

Anya, for her part, had been acting like she usually does. But Elian found out a lot of information about her—like how most of the information she gave to the company was fake. She didn't even complete her undergrad and was a dropout from Arts, yet she had a job in this company that picked out employees like a needle from haywire.

We were even doubting how much truth there was behind her mother's illness, but we couldn't find out the hospital she was in.

Speaking of hospitals, I had another therapy session this week. Elian accompanied me, which was really nice. But he didn't come inside. He told me I needed to face this alone by myself. It was scary at first, but he was right.

I didn't tell him how much I remembered each time because I wanted it to be a surprise. However, during this session, I recalled how I and Elian started becoming close.

I was finishing up my makeup when the calling bell of my apartment rang for my date with Elian. I put down my eyelash curler and grabbed my purse before running to open the door.

"Hey," Elian greeted, looking more charming than ever.

I gave his cheek a kiss and said, "Hey, I have missed seeing your jeans."

My eyes trailed over from his head to toe, taking in his messily-brushed black hair, light blue shirt, dark blue jeans, and white sneakers. He looked so much younger and youthful than he did in suits. Casuals suited him well. I enjoyed watching him when we were staying at Lance's penthouse. Maybe because Elian in casuals was all I was used to before I lost my memories, that's why it was so fascinating to me.

"And I have missed seeing you at all," he replied, his green eyes hovering over my asymmetric peach pink dress that reached up to my mid-thigh. "You look stunning."

"Thank you. You look handsome as well."

"By the way, I didn't expect you to be up so early. I thought I would have to come to wake you up myself," he said, and I chuckled.

"Well, don't get too comfortable because I still hate getting up in the mornings, and in the future, you may actually have to wake me up on weekends. I guess I was excited for today, is all." I woke up way too early for a weekend, given that I had a hard time falling asleep last night as well.

"Well, that's great. Because I have lots of things planned for today."

I wore my white strappy heels and stepped out of the apartment and locked it. "What are we waiting for, then?"

He motioned to his elbow and said, "For this, perhaps?"

A big smile bloomed on my face as I looped my arms around his elbow and announced, "We are set to go then."