Chapter 13: Kinda-Girlfriend

Alena Fleur

"Here," Elian said, putting down Lance's laptop on the coffee table.

"Are you sure we're allowed to use your brother's laptop?" I asked skeptically as Elian sat beside me and started typing the password.

"Sure, why not?" he shrugged and let me have the laptop.

I shook my head at his brazenness and opened Lance's mail box. I added my email account and logged in, but there were no new mails with any attachments. "Did I not press 'send'?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't," Elian responded dryly. "Why don't you check the draft?"

"Even if it got saved in the draft, it wouldn't be here."

"Then where would it be?"

"In my other account."

"Why do you have two email accounts?"

"So that I can send myself emails," I simply answered.

"Why don't you log into that account?" he suggested.

I sighed hopelessly. "I don't remember its password. The password is in my phone's notepad."

"Well, I guess we are back to square one." He closed Lance's laptop and got up. "Wanna have dinner now?"

I nodded sadly. "I got so excited for a while there."

"It's okay. We will find a way to solve this. Let's just relax for today," Elian said, and I nodded again.

He went to Lance's room to put the laptop in place while I went to the kitchen to serve the food onto the plates.

The cheese pasta had gotten cold, so I put it in the microwave and took out two plates and forks from the cabinets. For some reason, I could just guess what was where. By the time Elian was back, I had already set the food on the dining table.

"Wow, you are fast," he commented before sitting down at the chair beside me.

"Everything was very easy to find," I said.

He hummed, and we both started eating.

"So how long are we going to stay here?" I inquired.

"As long as the case isn't solved," Elian replied.

"That could take a long while. Are we going to trouble Lance for so long?"

"He's only here until this weekend. He actually lives in Las Vegas."

"Las Vegas? That's such a cool place to live." I looked around the spacious apartment and said, "For someone who doesn't live here, Lance decorated this place really nicely."

"Actually, it was me and my—" Elian paused, then quickly corrected, "Actually, it was me who decorated the place. I used to live here before. I stayed here during my whole university life."

"Wow, you lived in this huge penthouse while I struggled with part-time jobs to keep up my tiny one-bedroom apartment."

"I know."

"Huh?"

"I know. The perks of being rich."

"Absolutely. It's so unfair," I grumbled and served myself more pasta.

He chuckled and mumbled, "You're really cute."

"I'm what?"

"You're really hungry, that's what I said," he said, hinting at my second serving.