Chapter 18: Periods

Chapter 18: Periods

Alena Fleur

The next day, when I woke up on the couch with a blanket on top of me, I vaguely remembered hearing Elian saying something before I fell asleep, but I assumed it was my imagination and went to get ready to go to the gym.

Just then, I realized I got my periods. Shit.

And I had no tampons. Double shit.

But thankfully, there was no stain on the couch. If there had been, Lance would have surely poisoned me next time.

I quickly made my way to my temporary room and grabbed a ton of tissues to make do for now. For some strange reason, I felt stubborn not to take help from Elian. I could have easily asked him to buy some tampons for me, but I didn't want to.

He would do it for me, no doubt, but it felt inappropriate to ask my boss to buy my tampons for me. I was taking advantage of him, but obviously, there was a limit to it.

Plus, I had dealt with this situation a few times before since I lived alone in my apartment and I sometimes forgot to stock up on tampons.

I got ready in black leggings, a white undershirt, and an oversized black hoodie. There was a convenience store right across the street, so it should be easy.

I took the spare key and went out.

I was just about to enter the store when suddenly someone forcefully turned me around and asked, "What the hell are you doing here?"

I stared at the familiar angry green eyes in surprise and said, "I came to shop."

"Shop for what? And why didn't you just ask me?" Elian asked. He was dressed in his gym outfit, so it seemed like he saw me get out of the apartment complex when he was on his way back to the penthouse.

"I needed to buy tampons, and it was awkward to ask you," I told him honestly.

He gaped at me for a moment as if he couldn't believe how silly I was. "What's there to feel awkward about?"

I blushed, also feeling silly. Seriously, what was wrong with me? It was me who has always thought women should be comfortable asking men to buy tampons or pads. How could periods make me so crazy?

"So shall we go in?" he asked, and I nodded.

Just as I was looking around to find the women's section, Elian waved me over to the third aisle where there were all types of tampons. He already had a small basket in his hand.

I was about to say which brand I wanted, but he was already picking some out of that same brand.

"Did you used to get tampons for your kinda-girlfriend? I couldn't help but ask.

He rolled his eyes and didn't bother responding.

"Let's go get some—" I started to say after we got the tampons, but Elian was already walking towards the snacks section.

He grabbed packets of candies, chocolates, and several other kinds of sweet products. I stared in awe because I didn't even have to say what I wanted.

It was really like he could read my mind or he was familiar with my habits. It had to be the first one. This guy was a real psychic.

"Do you need something else?" he asked once he had the whole basket filled.

"No, nothing." I smiled at him.

He gave me a weird look and walked over to the bill counter. The cashier woman was giving us a strange look, as if she recognized us, but didn't say anything. Maybe she saw us on the news or something.