Chapter 28: New Plan

Alena Fleur

It was torture to seat through the whole therapy session as the words "someone who loves her" kept ringing in my head.

Although the result of the therapy was pleasant. Just through our first session, I had regained the memories of the start of my second year when I met Elian.

In our university's backyard garden, I had been twirling in the first snowfall of the year giddily when I heard someone cursing the snow in disgust—and that was how it all started.

When the session was over, there was an excited skip to my steps.

Kevin was obviously gone, given that Elian was here now.

"Alena," Elian called out when we were outside the clinic.

I was spooked in fear because something about his tone was ominous. "Yeah, Elian?" I turned around to face him.

His hands were in his pocket while his gaze was on the ground. "You know, I still love you."

My heart thumped in anticipation.

Was this it? Was it the moment I was waiting for? Happy confession and our happily ever after?

"That's why it hurts to see you with someone else."

I quickly started to say, "Elian, I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you—"

"I know, Alena. Which is why I'm telling you, if you want to see other men, that's fine. You deserve to be happy. Just... just don't do it right in front of my eyes. Or talk about him with me, for that matter. We can just go back to being the CEO and COO, you know? It will be easier for both of us," he explained.

My heart broke with each and every word he uttered. Not just because of the meaning behind it, but because his voice held so much pain.

It was clearly breaking him to let me go, but he was still willing to, because he just loved me that much.

Yes, I was mad at him for letting go the last time, for giving up on me when my memories were lost, but right now, I couldn't even be mad, because I was watching how much it was hurting him.

Did it hurt this bad last time too?

And I wasn't even there to give him a warm hug?

But I was here now. I wouldn't let any of us suffer alone.

I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Alena—"

"I don't care what you say, Elian. I'm not going to leave you. Because I love you too."

He looked at me as if he couldn't believe what I said. After all, I hadn't said I love you in my current state to him until now.

I smiled and softly kissed his lips. "Yes, I love you, Elian. A lot. But not enough to let you go."

"But why? You know, I'm in the mafia," he mumbled.

"Look at me. Does it look like I care?" I asked, and he actually scanned my face. "I don't know if the me with all the memories knew about your mafia business—"

"You didn't."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Bad Elian. You shouldn't hide such important facts from your girlfriend," I scolded.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Say that again when all my memories are back, because right now, I don't give a crap about that. I just want you to be with me."