Prequel- Chapter 15: Goodbye

Elian Storm

"David, I am willing to surrender myself if you hand over Alena to me safely," the steady but desperate words I uttered over the phone were ones I never imagined doing.

"You are such a fool, Elian. I never thought you would stoop this low for love. Such a disappointment," came the sneering response of the leader of XS gang, David Garner.

"I don't have the time for chit-chat, David. Do we have a deal or not?"

"Alright, you got it. Come to the location I will send you. I know I don't have to say this to you but come alone and unarmed," he warned.

I hung up the call without bothering to reply.

"Elian, I don't have a good feeling about your plan." Jace tried to say. "As your consigliere, I have to—"

"It's fine if the plan doesn't work out. As long as Alena is safe," I replied curtly. "Now, be ready with your troops. When I send the signal, ambush them and make sure none of them come out alive."

"But don't you think they will anticipate this?" Jace questioned.

"They are dumb, Jace. You were the one to tell me that, weren't you?"

Jace sighed. "Alright. We will risk it."

"I'm leaving then." I threw my guns at him for him to catch and wore the modified shoes that had the ability to transmit signals by tapping three times in a second.

It was a dangerous gamble, but I was willing to risk it if it meant saving Alena. For her, I would do anything.

With my mind filled with a mix of determination, fear, and a sliver of hope, I drove to the location David sent me.

I couldn't help but question my own sanity, wondering if this desperate plan would actually lead to my demise.

But... I had to save Alena, no matter the cost.

When I arrived at the designated location, two men checked me thoroughly for any weapons before they let me enter. The warehouse was dimly lit with a cold and eerie atmosphere.

"Welcome, Elian Storm!" greeted David with a huge victorious grin.

My eyes scanned the entire warehouse, but there was no trace of Alena.

"Where is Alena?" I asked, my voice dripping with uncovered hostility.

"Right to the business, eh? Don't you want to have some tea with me—"

"Don't fuck with me, David. I already told you I don't have time for chit-chat. Where is she? I want to see her first."

"Relax, Elian—"

I grabbed his collar and yanked him toward me. I didn't flinch a bit as his men pointed their weapons at me. "Bring. Her. Out. Now," I threatened.

David sighed, realizing there was no stalling me. "She is on her way here. My men are bringing her."

"Are you kidding me? Do you even have her?" I scoffed.

"Yes, we do! I sent you a photo of her tied up, didn't I?"

"Then why am I not seeing her yet?" I yelled.

"Okay, okay, wait. Let me make a call and you can talk to her," he tried to persuade me. "Now, will you let go of me?"

Just then, I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.

I glanced to check if I was actually stabbed or not, but I wasn't. The pain came from within me. How strange!