Chapter 27: Therapy

Chapter 27: Therapy

Alena Fleur

"Elian, you don't think I sold out our company, do you?" I let out, my voice rising at the accusation.

"No, of course not. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying your laptop is the only one that wasn't checked—" Elian tried to reason.

"You're indirectly saying that I copied the data from my laptop—"

"Will you just listen to me? The data might have been copied from your laptop, but it wasn't you, I'm sure of that."

I calmed down a little after he said that. "So you mean to say, someone else copied from my laptop and sold it out?"

"We can only be sure if you let Jace check your laptop," Elian replied.

"I see. Okay, fine. I'll give you my laptop before leaving for home today, and you can give it to Jace."

"You have to give it tomorrow. I assigned Jace some other work tonight," he informed.

"Okay, fine. Do you have something else to say?"

He shook his head.

"Then, I'm leaving."

"Uh, wait," he called out, and I halted. "Are you still going to have lunch with Mr. Williams?"

"No, I just told him 'tomorrow', remember?"

"Have lunch with me today, then."

My lips threatened to form into a grin at the suggestion, but I turned it into a professional smile and said, "Sure, I would love to, Mr. Storm."

###

"By the way, I saw a neurologist on Friday," I mentioned while eating Thai food over lunch with Elian.

"What did the doctor say?" Elian inquired.

"She said that there was no guarantee that my memories could be back completely, considering I have been left untreated for so long, but she did prescribe me some medicines and told me to take some therapy twice a week."

"What sort of therapy?"

"It's kind of like hypnotism."

"I see."

"What, aren't you going to say that I shouldn't get it so that I don't remember you?" I taunted.

He smiled self-deprecatingly and said, "I'm confused, actually, whether I want you to get your memories back or not. But if the therapy helps you, you should get it. I don't want you to keep getting head-splitting aches every time you get hazy flashbacks."

I hummed and rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm a little scared," I mumbled and took a bite of my food.

"Why?"

"It's my first time getting therapy. What if it messes up with my mind more?"

He caressed my head gently and said, "It will be okay. I will come—"

"Which is why I asked Kevin to come with me tomorrow," I quickly added.

Elian ducked back at the news, making my head fall off his shoulder, and asked, "Why the hell did you ask him?"

"I was just telling him about my appointment, and he volunteered himself. He's such a nice person, isn't he?" I gushed.

"What about going to the hospital on Friday? Did he tag along then too?" he questioned.