Chapter 25: Congratulations

Alena Fleur

"When can we start working again?" I asked Elian when we were eating our brunch on the patio of his estate.

"We will get the clearance today, so from tomorrow, but it's Friday. I don't want the opening day to be the last day of the week—"

"So, Monday. Great," I said happily. "I can spend the next three days, warming up your heart."

Elian glared at me and said, "You can forget about that because you are going back to your apartment after this meal."

I gasped dramatically. "How can you kick me out after sleeping with me last night?"

He flashed me a tight-lipped smile and said, "We just slept on the same bed, Ms. Fleur. And yes, I'm kicking you out. You have your own apartment which you pay rent for. You have no reason to stay here."

"While I'm a self-dependent woman, I don't mind spending a few days at my..." I wasn't sure what to call him, but then an idea popped out. "My kinda-boyfriend's luxurious mansion."

"Again with that kinda-kinda thing?" he groaned.

"Yes, absolutely. Unless you prefer to be my friend?" I offered generously.

"No, thanks."

I still wondered why he still was so opposed to being my friend—

My eyes widened in realization and gasped, "Oh, my God, you don't want to be friend-zoned by me!"

Elian choked on his food and grabbed a glass of water to chug down. "What?" he let out.

"You know very well that once I friendzone someone, I never see them as anything more. That's why you never wanted to be my friend," I connected the dots.

"No, that's not it—"

"God, you're so dumb, Elian. If you really wanted me to not fall for you, you should have just agreed to be my friend," I laughed.

He wiped his mouth with a tissue and said, "I would rather die than be friend-zoned by you."

I giggled and said, "You're such a cutie." I tried to pull his cheek, but he shoved my hand away.

"Ms. Fleur, please mind your manners," he said in a formal tone.

I frowned. "You're really doing that just to annoy me, right?"

He smirked and said, "Do you feel how annoying it was when you used to call me 'Sir'?"

I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my avocado salad. "It's different."

"It's not that different, Ms. Fleur."

I huffed.

"Anyway, I'm done eating. I'm leaving for the court now," he announced and stood up. He needed to go to the court to clear out our company's name and make them withdraw the charges.

I quickly put down my fork and said, "I'm coming with you."

"You don't need to."

"As the COO of Storm Dynamics, I want to," I responded.

His lips cracked into a smile as he said, "You really are so stubborn."

###

"Hey, who do you think is the mole in my team?" I asked when we were in the car on our way to the court.

Elian looked up my team members on his iPad and said, "From their records, all of them are very trustworthy. They even have families. I don't think any of them will take such a risk."