Chapter 32: Teasing

Chapter 32: Teasing

Alena Fleur

"Keep it in my room," Elian said to the maid who had just taken my clothes bag from him.

I raised an eyebrow and asked suspiciously, "What's that about?"

"You are staying in my room," he simply said, heading up the stairs that led to his bedroom.

"Why?"

"I don't like the idea of you staying in another room while you are at my place."

"You do know that we just started dating today?" I asked just in case he messed up the timeline, following close behind him.

"So? We will just sleep together and cuddle. It's all innocent, Alena," he reasoned.

"Sure, the way you were kissing me outside my apartment was innocent." I rolled my eyes.

He shrugged in response.

When we entered his bedroom, he said, "Sit somewhere. I will grab some antiseptic."

"Antiseptic for what?" I asked in confusion.

He tapped on the right corner of his lips, and I touched mine, only to hiss at the stinging pain. I looked at the half-dried blood on my index finger.

"I didn't even notice this," I muttered.

Fighting with Anya had been hard. She was like one of those skilled assassins from the movies, bloodthirsty to kill me. But I had managed to win against her through my wits and taking advantage of her blind rage.

I sat on the edge of the bed when Elian came with the antiseptic cream and cotton. He wiped the blood and asked me to open my mouth to check for any internal gum bleeding. Seeing there was none, he applied the cream to the cut in the corner. I hissed.

"Go to shower a little later. Let it dry a bit," he said, and I nodded. He picked up my right knuckle and gently applied more cream to them. As he blew some air on the bruises, I smiled, admiring him. "Did you get hurt anywhere else?"

I shook my head, my eyes still glued to his handsome face.

"Done." He gave a light kiss to the back of my fingers, making goosebumps rise in my body with just a simple gesture, and said with a smile, "I'm going to take shower first then. Meanwhile, make yourself comfortable."

After he left, I laid down on his bed flat on my back, replaying the crazy scene from today.

Imagine returning from the best date ever, only to find someone jumping out from under the bed with a knife.

I shut my eyes at the horrifying memory. While I was willing to get stronger for Elian's sake, I wasn't sure how well my heart would be taking this in the long run. I wish I could someday convince Elian to back out from his mafia work.

I shook my head because it wasn't something I should wrack my head with at the moment. What was more important was that I was in my boyfriend's bedroom and he was in the shower.

He's in the shower. He's n— No, Alena, stop! Think no further.

I believed him when he said he just wanted to cuddle and sleep together, still, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of excitement and nervousness.

I got up from the bed and opened the zipper of my travel bag to take out my nightwear. My eyes almost blazed with rage at the sight of my ugliest set of clothes.

I had a section in my closet—ugly clothes which I hated wearing. And Elian knew about it.

Yet, he only brought clothes from the section. I didn't delude myself for a single minute thinking that he probably made a mistake. I was certain that Elian knew what he was doing.