Chapter 15: Tampered Laptops

Alena Fleur

"Do you think they will come in here?"

"Maybe."

We were both trying to catch our breaths after making a dash from the food court on the third floor to the men's bathroom on the ground floor. We were going to run out of the mall at once, but the security guard, who noticed us, had already informed the others to block the main and back exits, so we were stuck now.

The bathroom seemed to be the best option, so we hid in here. Thank goodness, there were no other men at that time, otherwise, I might have gotten traumatized for life.

When I finally managed to regulate my breathing, I noticed how close the two of us were standing.

The situation seemed really funny, actually. Just a week ago, I couldn't have pictured in my wildest dreams that I would be hiding in a shopping mall's public men's toilet with my boss.

Elian seemed to have noticed my expression. However, he didn't ask me anything and only tried to suppress his own chuckle. Was he thinking the same thing as me? If he was, then we were great partners in crime.

I was about to open my mouth to actually ask him when footsteps entered the washroom.

My heart was in my mouth until I heard a man speak, "What's with those guards patrolling around so strictly? Do you think there's a criminal on the loose?"

"Probably," another guy replied.

I let out a sigh of relief. I stood on my tiptoes and brought my lips to Elian's ear to whisper, "What do we do now? We can't get out of here with the guards patrolling."

Elian put his hands on my waist and motioned at the small window over the toilet.

"You won't be able to get out through that," I whispered again. It would be hard enough to fit me, but completely impossible for him unless he could physically shrink smaller.

"Don't worry about me. I'll get out," he whispered back, sending goosebumps down my spine.

"But—" He shoved Lance's car keys in my hand.

"I'll help you get out," he said sternly.

"No, I won't leave you here," I replied stubbornly.

"I'll blend in with some other guys, don't worry. If worse comes to worst, I have my gun."

I didn't completely agree with his plan, but I had no other choice. "Fine."

"Wait for me for ten minutes. If I don't come, drive back to Lance's penthouse and inform him," Elian instructed.

I nodded.

Elian stood up on top of the toilet and opened up the window, then he threw out all of our shopping bags. He got down and lifted me up effortlessly by locking his arms around my knees.

I tried my best to climb out of the small window, and somehow, I managed. I got a little hurt due to falling from a height.

I saw Elian peeking his head, looking at me in concern, so I gave him a thumbs up to assure him. He smiled a little and went back.

I grabbed all the shopping bags and made my way toward Lance's car. We didn't park in the shopping mall's parking lot, so it was at the side of a construction site near the mall.

I got in the driver's seat and put the shopping bags in the backseat and started waiting impatiently.

Every minute felt like an entire day. Where was Elian? Maybe it was a wrong decision to leave him alone. Maybe I should drive back quickly and call Lance for help.