Chapter 22: Being Chased

Alena Fleur

I was being dragged through the parking lot of the apartment complex by three men.

I had opened the door after texting Elian that I was in trouble and tried to stall as much as time I could without those men blowing off the innocent delivery girl's head. They let go after I came out.

Now, they were taking me to their van.

I had tucked in the gun that Elian left for me just in case. If worse came to worst, I had to shoot. Though I really hoped I didn't have to.

I needed to stall for more time for any help to get here.

"Hey, mister, why are you trying to kidnap me?" I questioned.

"Shut up," one of them replied.

"I mean, I'm such an innocent, sweet girl. Does it look like I could be used in your shady business?"

"Stop talking," another one spat out.

"Look, I think you got the wrong girl here. I'm not related to any of this. Plus, Elian hates me. Did you know he rejected me last night? Such a jerk, right?"

"We don't care; we just follow orders," the first one responded.

I hummed, then gasped suddenly and let out, "Oh, Elian, you are here!"

"Where?" The two men who were holding me let their grips loosen, so I took the chance to free myself from them and made a run in the opposite direction.

"Hey, she's running, you idiots!" the third guy hollered.

"Fucking hell!" one of them cursed and ran after me. He managed to catch me, but I raised my elbow to hit him in the chin hard and again got out.

The other guy was about to get a hold of me. I turned around and kicked him swiftly in the face.

"Stop, or else I will shoot!" the third guy yelled.

I was about to stop. Just then there was a gunshot.

I closed my eyes in fear, sure that I was in heaven now.

When I didn't feel any pain for a few moments and heard a body thump on the ground, I turned around to see Elian standing behind the third guy, his eyes blazing with anger.

He shot the man again, then he was about to fire at the other two men. However, when his eyes landed on me, he removed his finger from the trigger, and his gaze softened.

I didn't care anymore about the fact that he just rejected me last night; my first instinct was to run into his arms and I did.

After I buried my face into his chest, inhaling his conversant cologne, I murmured, "You can shoot them." I knew he had to kill them either way. It was better not to delay.

Elian wrapped an arm around my shoulder, shooing the other two men who were trying to get away, then he embraced me completely.

As a sensation of warmth and security covered me, I realized why this embrace always felt so familiar. Because these arms had always been my home. But for some reason, I couldn't remember it.

"Elian, I know."

"Know what?"

"That you love me."

He stiffened, but he didn't deny it.

"And I used to love you too."

He immediately pulled back from the hug and asked in disbelief, "Do you remember everything now?"