False assumptions

Raidin's POV:

I look back at her seeing she got some icing on her nose and also on her upper lip. I grab her chin making her look at me as I lean down, licking the vanilla icing off her nose. I looked into her eyes as I did that then went into kissing her lips to get the icing on her lip. I pulled back licking my lips as she tasted delicious with that icing.

"Mmm, tasty little Sugarplum."

I see her cheeks going bright red and it makes me chuckle as she hides her face with her hands. I stand back up still chuckling at her being so cute. I look around seeing many people staring at us and I just glare at them. I hate how these people were looking at us.

I took her hand in mine and we started to walk around again. I noticed her adjusting her jacket and hood to cover her neck. I stop and get in front of her, take my scarf off and wrap it around her.

"Don't want my Sugarplum to catch a cold now do I?" I playfully poke her red nose.

"Oh no that would be terrible but I bet you'd be my doctor Gummy Bear."

"Please pick a different name for me," I said, making her chuckle.

"I'll think about it," she smirks.

We continue on our way and she drags me to the petting zoo. She wanted to pet all the farm animals they had. She even got some feed to give to the animals letting them eat from her hand. I just stand by watching her being cute petting and holding some of the animals. 

I was getting highly annoyed with the number of stares I was getting. Feeling eyes on me nonstop was getting too much but I try to ignore them and not make a scene. I focused on her as she picked up a rabbit and held it close. She came over telling me to pet it so I do, feeling the soft fur as I also graze my fingers over her chest. I grin seeing her blush at my touch. She would keep walking back over with animals she was able to pick up.

Seeing her smile was the best feeling ever, especially after seeing the freak out she did last night. I want to protect her from everything that can hurt her but I can't protect her from herself or her mind. Hearing about how the crash went just made me hate myself more.

I noticed it was close to dinner time so I took her to get some more food. She wanted to go on that horse-drawn hayride later so we were finding things to pass the time. We go with pizza for both of us and sit down on a bench. I see a group of like 15-year-olds staring at her. They catch me glaring at them for staring and they all look away from her. I took her hand and interlocked our fingers as we only needed one hand to eat pizza. The sun was setting already as we ate.

I felt her shake a few times, guessing she was really cold. I get up and sit right next to her holding her close. I was fucking hot so she could use my body heat to warm herself up. I unzip my jacket open and place her in my lap as I hold her even closer to my chest. She nuzzled in close as she ate away at her slice of pizza. I take a look around and spot a hot apple cider booth, I bet she'd love that. As I look around I see people giving me the stink eye.

"How's some hot apple cider before we hit up that hayride you wanna go on?" I ask and kiss the top of her head.

"Oh that would be perfect to warm me up, thank you," She gave me a big bright smile.

"Anything to make you happy Sugarplum. You stay here, I'm gonna get something from the car for the hayride," I give her a tight squeeze.

I put her back on the bench before I got up and left for the car. It took a moment to get to the car and I grabbed a blanket I kept behind the passenger seat. I check my surroundings and put my gun in the glove compartment. Lock up and head back to her with the blanket on my shoulder while I check my phone. It was almost 6 pm, we were here that long and I didn't even notice.

I get close to where I left her and I spot 5 cops standing around her with one grabbing her arm. I breathe to calm down not wanting to make a scene again for her sack as I make my way over. I put my phone back into my pocket as I stood behind the cops and I saw her smile seeing me back. She gets up trying to push past the cops when the one holding her arm pulls her to him. I grit my teeth when the cops grab my arms trying to put them behind my back.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I raise a brow at them.

"You are under arrest for inappropriate touching of a minor," One cop said getting his cuffs out.

"I'M 20 YEARS OLD YOU MORONS, just cause I'm short doesn't make me a child," She shouted.

"Calm down Sugarplum, everything will be ok. She's telling the truth, officers."

"Yeah right, just cooperate with us and you're off to jail," Another cop said.

I see her go through her bag and wallet then shoved her driver's license into a cop's face. I see she pulls something else out and gives it to them. They started reading and his face went pale looking from the cards to her. She was pissed with them more than I was cause I find her mad very entertaining, mainly when her rage isn't aimed at me. I can easily pin her but I love her too much and I would never fight back as I don't want to hurt her. I don't ever want to be the reason she gets hurt.

"She's telling the truth, guys let them go," He tells the others.

She grabs her cards before ripping free from the cop, she ran right into my chest and wrapped her arms around me. I hold her close to comfort her as I hear her start crying. First, the nightmare now this, today was meant to help her calm down, relax and be happy, not cry. I looked from her to the cops glaringly mad that they made her upset.

"Next time ask for a fucking ID assholes or I'll sue your asses for defamation of character. She works at a venue that requires you to be over 18 to work at and that's where we meet so I know her age. She started working there when she was 19 and we met a month and a half ago. Just cause I'm tall and she's short doesn't mean she's a child, now leave us be."