Valentine's Day Gifts Part 1

We would try and spend holidays together if we don't have work. If we work during the holiday we spend the next time we get off work together. When Valentine's Day hit Marvin was having a big Valentine's Day party. We get bigger pay when we work on holidays and at this party, we get the biggest. I was shocked to see the paycheck Marvin gave me last year. We were in a meeting talking about the party and who will be working that day. I was a little shocked that my name wasn't on the list to work that day.

Raidin had worked on Valentine's Day so I was hoping to get work as well. I just sigh thinking I'll just go out and do some solo shopping. When the meeting was over we all went home as it was the end of the day. Damien and I got burgers for dinner tonight as we both had a craving for them. We get them from this place Raidin showed us and they are the best burgers ever. We make it home so we plate our food and watch a movie in the living room.

"You sure you'll be good on your own on Valentine's Day, Sylv's? I have a date that day."

"Yeah go for it, I'll plan something to do that day. Maybe a nice spa day will work, get nails done and maybe a nice massage."

"Sounds nice, hope you have fun," He hugs me.

When Damien finished his dinner he left for his room just to get everything ready for his date. I just sit in the living room watching another movie slowly munching away my food. I finished and went to toss the garbage away when I heard a knock at the door. I go over to see our front desk guy so I open it with a smile.

"Hey Pete, whatcha up too?" I saw a box in his hands.

"A gift from Mr.Scarpelli as an apology for not being able to see you on Valentine's Day." He passes me the box and then bows. "Goodnight Miss.Wolfe." He turned and left.

"Thanks, Pete, have a nice Valentine's Day with the family," I say before closing the door behind me.

I place the box on the kitchen counter and open it. The first thing I saw was a beautiful pair of boots and my jaw dropped. I take them out to look at them and shine in the light. I was stunned he got me these and there was no tag anywhere so I couldn't know the price. He does that so much as of late, 'cause I don't want him buying me super expensive things. Does it stop him, not in the slightest, it's like it makes him do it more, with bigger gifts. I place the shoes down and move the tissue paper, seeing an elegant dress underneath.

"No way this is just for an apology, he is so planning something."

I notice a letter on the bottom of the box so I take it out and read it.

...

To my beautiful Sugarplum, I know you don't like when I buy you expensive things but I just have to see you in this dress. The moment I saw it in the shop, I knew you and only you could pull it off. Hope to see you soon in the dress - From your big Gummy Bear

P.S This will be the only time I'll acknowledge that nickname you gave me

...

I burst out laughing at that last part, after laughing for like a solid minute I pack everything up and go to my room. I took the dress out and tried it on, it hugged all my curves in the right places. I checked myself out in the head-to-toe mirror I have in my room and he was right. I look good in this sexy maxi dress. I love everything about this dress from the solid cups with eyelash trim and the halter ties. Even the solid center bodice with mesh side panels, ultra high cut side slit and it was ankle length.

"He knows me way too well, but this also looks like lingerie. I know the dress isn't all that expensive as I think I saw it for $50 somewhere. I know those damn shoes are nearly $200 but how did he know I wanted them? I never brought it up t... Damien must have told him," I take the shoes out and slip them on.