My Love Drug

Raidin's POV:

As I stared at the papers I was just thinking of ways to make this day up to her. I hate that she felt scared for her life, on her birthday nonetheless. I rub my temples as I try to get all this done as soon as possible to save the rest of today. My ears pick up a soft snore so I look up at the couch seeing her asleep. I smile seeing her wrapped up tight in a thick fuzzy blanket. I have fallen asleep on that same couch many times as well. I use the remote on my desk to turn the tv off so it doesn't wake her.

I go back to the papers overlooking everything that needs to be done now or things that can wait. I was happy she was asleep as this was mob-related and I didn't want her to know that yet. My eyes would move to her sleeping face and it would bring a smile to my face every time. I saw her smiling in her sleep so she must be dreaming, hoping it was about me and her. We were there for far longer than I wished but when I was finally done so I put the papers away in a safe.

Getting up from my chair fixing my suit as I walk over to her still asleep on the couch. I grazed one of my fingers on her cheek as I just took in her beauty but my eyes went to that scar on her forehead. Every time I see it makes my chest feel tight that she suffered so much. Gently I rolled her on her back. I kept the blanket around her as I picked her up before leaving my office and locking the door. Drok walks beside me as we make our way to the parking lot. I felt her shift in my arms so I looked as she nuzzled her head into my chest.

"You really got bitten hard, Raidin," Drok said, making me look at him.

"Bitten hard?" I raised my brow at him as I was so confused as to what he meant.

"You got bit by the love bug, I've never seen you go for a single girl like you do her. This is the longest you kept a relationship going. Your longest relationship I have ever seen was 2 months and you've been with her for like what, nearly a year now?" He places his fist on my shoulder.

"She's different than all the others, she's an addiction I could keep going forever. No drug can compare to being near her. She is my drug, my little love drug." I kiss her forehead.

We make it to the cars and I gently place her in the passenger seat and buckle her in. Placing a hand on her cheek before getting up and closing the door. We fist bump and get into our own cars heading home. I checked the clock to see the time and it was too late to stop at a restaurant to eat. I dial a place I knew that stays open late and I place an order for them to deliver to my place. I offer more to keep their delivery drive there until they get done.

We made a great time back to the apartment as I set her on the couch and the doorbell rang. I go over opening up to see the food arrive so I take the food and I give them a big tip. I get it all set out on the coffee table before lighting a few candles. Dimming the lights down before I join her on the couch again. I grab one of the chocolate-covered strawberries and place it in my mouth. I pick her up and place her in my lap then shake her awake. Her groans as she wakes up are the cutest.

She slowly woke up and looked at me then at the strawberry in my mouth. She giggled and leaned in taking a bite as our lips touched. Moving my hand that's on her back and place it on the back of her head making her kiss me. Her taste with the added taste of the chocolate on her lips was even better than I could ever imagine. We break so we can eat the strawberry that filled our mouths. I lick my lips as I look back into her beautiful emerald-green eyes.

"Happy birthday Sugarplum."

"You are too much sometimes you know that and thank you." She hugs and kisses me.

"I know, but I have to tell you I need to leave for Italy in the morning so I'll surprise you with a gift when I come back."

"Awe, how long is this trip?" I see she was upset I was gonna be gone.

"3 weeks maybe longer if it goes south, but I will text and call every day to make sure you know I'm safe."

I saw the sadness hit her as this will be the longest I'll be leaving her. This was also so close to our one-year anniversary of starting this relationship. She kept her arms around my neck and held on tight.

"You better send pictures, I want proof you are not hurt but also of Italy as well. I have never been so I wanna see your home and how beautiful it is this time of year."

"Maybe next time I travel I'll bring you with me but this time I can't. It's a very important matter I must deal with, it's too risky to bring you with me. I promise to send you all the photos I can. You better keep me up to date with those sexy outfits Marvin makes you wear. I will be paying Damien extra to make sure no one touches you as you are mine and mine alone." I kiss her nose.

"Haha he'd like that, he's planning on getting another car. Text me the day you're coming home might get you a surprise when you walk in through that door."

"Ooh now I will but I'll be ripping those damn clothes off you the moment my hands get back on your body." I grin.

She leans into my ear, "What if I'm not wearing any clothes?" She licked my ear.

Oh, I already felt myself getting hard just imagining walking through that door to her fulling naked body. My mind just went wild with it and I was loving it.

"Ooh, you are playing a very dangerous game if you do that. Might not hold back any of my desire for you and your amazing body." One hand gripping her thigh as the other gives a gentle squeeze around her neck. "Behave yourself while I'm away, got it Sugarplum?"

"Oh I'll try my best but I will be sending you teasing photos and you'll never know when they're coming." She whispered into my ear before nibbling on my earlobe.