⁘17⁘

--<-<-<✿ (*≧ The competition ≦*) ✿ ->->->--
➴ A taennie story...ლ

Jennie's POV

School was already over and I did not see Taehyung anywhere. Only his friends. I think after yesterday he had no desire to do anything. For the first time ever I felt empathy for his stupid ass, since I know that I wouldn't want to do anything either if that would had been me. I decided to stay after school so I can practice for tomorrow and the girls wanted to help me.

We meet in the music room 
"Are you exited" Lisa asked 
"Not exited, more nervous" I answered. I showed them my hand that was shaking.
"Oh my bbbyyyyy" Jisoo said as she huged me "You're gonna do great" 
"Thank you, I love you guys" I said as I looked at all of them
"Shall we start" Rose asked while showing at the microphone.

"Not so fast" A voice came from the door. And see there, it was Tzuyu and her 'friend' Sana
"What?" I asked annoyed.
"Me and Sana already wanted to practice here" Tzuyu responded and Sana nodded. 
"Well to bad that you're name isn't here. So bye bye" I waved at her and wanting her to leave. But of course she didn't. 
"Listen, did you know that my father is friends with the mayor? I could get you lose you're scholarship." She wispered in my ear. 
"I didn't know you could sink that low, but alright, you won. For now. But don't think that this is getting a habit" I said "Let's go girls, I don't wanna be seen with this whore" I said as I walked to the door
"Ha, Says the right one! How many boyfriends did you have again? Wait a damn minute, didn't you become like this because you're ex-boyfriends cheated on you. It's your fault tho, I mean who would want to date you?" She laughed as she put her index finger onto her cheek and is pretending to think. 
That's it, I tried my best to ignore this bitch but I have had enough. I turned around and pushed her a little, forcing her to go backwards.

"And with how many guys did you fuck for money?" I said provoking her. She couldn't believe at what I just said.
I pushed her again this time a little harder that she almost fell down.
"I bet you're father sold you even to one! How else do you think he became mayor. Be grateful that I don't beat you up." I yelled, turned around, and left since I was done with this piece of shit and the girls who were trying to comprehend what just happend came along.
"YAAAA, YOU BITCH ARE GOING TO REGRET IT!!!" She screamed so shrill that I could hear it even after leaving the room.

I was so furious as I walked out in the hallways, it was like my ears where numb when the girls tried talking to me. Everytime someone mentions my ex I get like this and I have to sit for a while until it gets better. It was a miracle that I didn't faint when I last saw him. Cause it happened when I saw him after our break up for the first time, that I got hospitalized after. First my ears get numb right before everything gets blurry and I eventually faint. This time it luckily didn't happend but I had a bad headache. 

"Are you feeling an better unnie?" Lisa asked anxious
"Yes thank you guys, I really fell better now"
"I think we should let you rest more and stop singing until tomorrow" Rose added.
I didn't wanna stop, I needed to practice more so I tried convincing them and it worked, so we drove home to Jisoo unnie since her parents weren't home.

They all got tired trying to help me with my technique that we had a little break. So I scrolled on my Instagram profile when I saw that my newest post got so many likes. I don't have many followers like the girls but I still happy for every single one. That's when I dm's from so many people, mostly girls, mentioning on how they're gonna find out where I live and then kill me. I first didn't even understand what's happening, when I read through those death threats that Taehyung followed me. When I checked he already unfollwed me but why the fuck are those girls dm'ing me that it's my fault. 

The fact that this wasn't even my first time receiving death threats...

On the day of the competition

I was standing behind the stage on the side with many other people who were participating. I could see from the side how almost the whole school came watching us sing. The girls waved me as they saw me peeking from the big red curtain and I waved back with a smile. And not only I saw them, but also those annoying boys Jimin, Jin and Taehyung, they were waiting for the competition to start.
I looked a little more around and saw something I had never imagined to see, Kai. 'How is he here? He isn't even in this university' I thought to myself. My stage fright began starting again and I just went behind the curtain again to the dressing room. I was wearing my hair open with a white crop top with a little black bow and a short black skirt, I specifically wanted to wear this because I look like a K-Pop Idol that I always wanted to be but never got the chance.

 I was wearing my hair open with a white crop top with a little black bow and a short black skirt, I specifically wanted to wear this because I look like a K-Pop Idol that I always wanted to be but never got the chance

After preparing myself a little I walked by a door and heared how a girl was singing. Which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't singing my song. I crashed the door open and saw how Tzuyu was singing Confident by Demi Lovato. She stopped singing when she saw me and her mouth changed into a smirk. 

"Oh why hello there" She said and walked up to me "Now everyone is gonna think you stole my song idea since I am singing before you" she started laughing. I didn't expect anything more from this girl anymore so I did what I had to do. I slaped her in her face so hard that she almost fell. Her face turned red and she held her hand against her cheek. Without saying anything I walked out and saw Lisa that saw everything from the outside of the door. 

"Don't worry, we will find you a new song" Lisa reassured me. Which didn't work because now I am even more nervous. 

After some brain storming Lisa came up with an idea for a song
"Why don't you sing a more slow song then? Maybe that's for the better. You didn't even wanna sing this Confident in the first place" 
"You're right but I am not sure which one tho" 
"Why don't you sing Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo, you love that song and always listen it so you know the lyric."
"You're right, I should be more confident. I will do it. Thanks Lisa" and she left for me to prepare atleast a little bit. 

Tzuyu was the 13th person to sing 'her' song and now it's my turn. 
"Good luck, you're gonna need it" she said and walked by me without stopping.

"Our next participant is the one and only Jennie Kim. Please welcome her" Everyone applauded as I stepped to the microphone that is standing in the middle of the stage. The girls are in first row cheering for me, right in the middle are Jin and Jimin but no sign of Taehyung which I was not mad about, one person less I can embarrass myself too. And on the top left, Kai, with his 'girlfriend' waiting for me to fail.

The music started playing, I was so nervous at first and my voice was a little silent but after singing more, it let me get more used to it, that I sang my heart out at the end.

(I recommend listening to the song, so you can feel the emotions more)