Argument

The next day

“NO! NO! NO! AND NO! YOU WILL NOT BE A DEMON SLAYER!!” screamed Tamayo.

“Why not, it’s not like I'll go and fight demons right now. I just wanna start learning” you replied.

“I’m not going to let you waste your life like this” she said.

“Hey, the lady says no so no” says Yushiro.

Normally in your past life, you’d just shut up and let others make the decisions but this isn’t your past life. You’ll do what you want to do.

“Yushiro shut up! This is my life and neither of you will tell me how to live.”

Your words caught them off guard, especially Yushiro as he was normally used to you doing what he says.

“Well I won't allow it and that’s final!” said Tamayo.

Final? Who does this bitch think she is’ you thought.

“You’re not my mother!” You screamed without thinking.  

“If you don't want me to be a demon slayer. I’ll leave and find someone who can!” you obviously you didn’t mean that. You're only a five year old after all, your life would be far worse out of here.

But your words still cut deep nonetheless, the hurt in Tamayo’s eyes shattered your heart. Even Yushiro looked distraught by your statement.

“Lady Tamayo, I–”

“What did I expect, of course I wouldn’t matter to you as much” she said as she walked away.

“Wait! I didn’t mea-” you tried to chase her but you were snatched up by Yushiro.

“Let me have a talk with you brat”

** ** **

You expected Yushiro to beat you up as usual but instead he just sat you down.

“Listen brat," he began. This is the calmest you’ve ever seen him so you were inclined to take his words more seriously.

"I know we’ve never gotten along and honestly if not for lady tamayo i’d have thrown you in the trash when you were a baby” he said.

In the trash? C'mon dude.

“But not lady tamayo, she’s always cared and loved you even though she had no reason to. What she said earlier was because she cared for you” he continued.

“I understand that she’s not your family, but you need to understand that you can also form valuable relationships with people that aren't related to you. You also need to care for their feelings as well” he said.

‘Well he’s right. I never had a good relationship in my past life so maybe I need to work on that. Besides that look on her face' you thought.

“Thanks Yushiro, didn’t think you could be wise sometimes” you smiled.

“You brat…!!!”

“Just kidding!! I’ll go apologize to Lady Tamayo”

** ** **

“That child… How could he? After all I did for him”

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

“Lady Tamayo, It’s me” says your voice.

“Come in”

You went in and one good look at her, you could tell she’d been crying.

'Damn. I messed up this time' you thought.

“Hey, Lady Tamayo, I’m sorry for earlier… I didn't mean to…”

“It’s okay, I understand if you don’t care about me as a real fami…”

“N-No, Lady Tamayo…. I do care about you”

You held her hand but she was still not looking at you. So you turned her face towards yours and looked into her eyes.

“I will always love you, remember?” You gave an innocent smile.

Truth is you know what you meant by saying that with your tone of voice and you caressing her face but you still act so innocently as if you’re just a normal little kid.

“I just need you to let me follow this dream of mine, my lady”

“Fine if that’s your desire, you can have it how you like.” she said.

“But you have to pass a test before you can start training. If you fail, you will not start your training and becoming a demon slayer will be over. ”

“No problem, I’m up for anything. I'm just glad we’re back to normal”  you pecked her cheeks.

"Just go. I'm still mad at you"

"Welp good night, Lady Tamayo"

All this isn’t noticeable to tamayo. While on the surface it seems like some innocent bonding.

But your subtle actions are slowly making her build strong attachment feelings towards  each other that'll grow over time.

A/N- Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋! Hope y'all had a great week. Mine was pretty mid.