The Pathetic Man

3rd POV

As Y/N looked at Sanemi talking to Kanae. He made a few evaluation on him as at this point, he sees Sanemi as competition.

'He's a fairly handsome guy, without the scars of course. But when it's that department I got him beat' he thought.

But what interested Y/N more is how powerful the guy is. Maybe it's because of his martial prowess and he's also able to sense someone as talented as he is.

'If he's only number two. The number one must be a monster. As Hashiras, him and Kanae are not in the same league at all. Heck, their not even in the same sport.'

He "tsk"ed because even though he didn't like him he couldn't help but respect Sanemi.

"Oi brat, have you no respect?" A voice belonging to Sanemi snapped Y/N out of his deep 'evaluation'.

"You're in the presence of a Hashira, bow" he said.

His pressure is very intimidating and fear strikes Y/N's hearts. On any other day, he'd have just bowed as he didn't want unnecessary problems.

But his ego took over. Today was not the day. Kanae was watching and he will not belittle himself to another man. Even if it's God himself.

Y/N looked straight at Sanemi for a few seconds.

"I don't feel like it." He said as he turned around.

"Y/N-KUN! Don't be disrespectful!" Kanae says and to her surprise, the boy ignored her.

Sanemi was dumbfounded.

He raised his non-existent eyebrows in confusion and interest. Other than fellow Hashiras and the master. He had never had to tell anyone to bow to him before.

For him to have to order a bow and get rejected. Sanemi couldn't tell if the boy was drunk or just stupid because this definitely isn't bravery.

If this was any other time, Y/n would be dead but Kanae is here, Sanemi doesn't wish to resort to violence immediately. Only immediately.

"Son, I am a Hashira" he said slowly, hoping the boy would magically grow some sense.

"Okay, and…?" Said the boy.

Silence engulfs the room. It was just Sanemi staring down Y/N as a grin creeps on his face.

"I'm sorry, Sanemi. I don't know why he's like this! Please don't hurt him" Kanae says. She knows if he gets serious, even she can't stop him.

But her pleas fell on deaf ears. The egotistical men will not forsake each of their pride.

Y/N's heart was pounding. The silence, the staredown and the grin. Everything was so eerie that he felt like they can hear his heart beat.

He gripped his wooden sword tighter and in that moment, his opponent vanished.

Not even a tenth of a second later, he assumed a defensive stance and scanned his surroundings instinctively.

He looked at Kanae's hand realizing the wooden sword she held was gone and she hadn't even noticed.

'shit!'

By the time the one second fully ends. Sanemi appears in the air just inches away from Y/N. With the wooden sword just before his eyeball.

Y/N parried as quickly as his brain could register. He immediately jumped away from him.

'Oh my god!! What just happened!?' he thought.

He barely escaped the attack because if he had been a millisecond too late he'd be one-eyed Y/N.

Two full second into the fight and he almost lost an eye. If the fight goes on any longer he'd be seriously injured. Y/N admits he poked the wrong bear.

Sanemi on the other hand was still standing, surprised.

'He parried that? How can a meer brat… even if I didn't use my full strength. That was my full speed. My technique enough shouldve been enough. This boy…'

He was dumbfounded. How couldn't he be?

A 13 year old just parried a move that even some Hashiras have trouble with. Granted they're less powerful Hashiras like Uzui, Kanae, Rengoku or Obanai. But still those people are not fighters to joke with.

Even he DEFINITELY couldn't move nowhere as good as that when he was 13.

"Sanemi!!"  Kanae runs towards him and grabs his shoulder. "Please that's enough! You've made your point!! Do not hurt him!! Please!!!... Please…" 

Though Sanemi was still deep in thought.

'Don't tell me... this boy might be on Hashira level already!? If so then…' he thought and then he finally looked at Kanae as she pleads on Y/N's behalf. 

'If so then why do you still keep him here with you, Kanae?' he thought.

He dropped the sword once he got his answers.

"It's fine. It's all fine. I'm going home." he said as he dropped the sword walking away from the dojo and Kanae following him.

Y/N on the other hand, still knelt as he looked at Kanae's arms on Sanemi. Jealousy and anger overtook him. Not only had he just been humiliated but even the girl he wants now has her arms on his so-called rival.

'Why's she touching him like that? I'm the one who needs attention' he thought.

Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.

To crave her attention so much made him feel pathetic. He hated that feeling of jealousy so much. But he couldn't help his feelings.

He was so weak that she has to beg for Sanemi to spare him. To make it worse he started the fight and was a 100% in the wrong because of his stupid ego.

He had never felt so powerless. He absolutely lost. He even felt relieved that he was leaving because if he wanted to keep fighting. It'd have been over for him.  He felt humiliated.

Jealousy, vulnerability, anger, humiliation. All the emotions he just couldn't control.  It's almost like the Gods wanted to make him suffer.

'A 40 year old man that can control his emotions. Pathetic. I'm just so pathetic. Just when I made up my mind to stop caring about her. Why does she do this to me!?'  he thought.

He launched his wooden sword and made a hole in the dojo's ground. But he's too angsty to care and just stormed your way into your room. A truly, emotional and pathetic man.

A/N-  Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋!  I apologize for the late update 😭. I just got a new job and my schedule has been quite tight. Not complaining though cuz it's fun 😊.