The Taste of Success

Y/N POV

As the days went by, I got to know Shinobu better. She might have a bit of a brash personality but deep down she's a very sweet girl. Not to mention, she's also 12 so I have someone my age to chat with.

She has an older sister that happens to be a hashira older sister which I think is very cool. But that hashira blood must not translate to her because she's so weak.

Compared to me atleast. But I don't mind her being dead weight as long as she's keeping me company for now.

* * * * * *

SHINOBU POV

Seven days passed and we finally made it past the final selection. Even though I'm happy to be alive, I feel absolutely pathetic.

I was basically deadweight and Y/N protected me throughout the duration of the selection process.

How is he so strong? He's the same age as I am. That Aside, will I ever be on the same level as him?

"You have done well to survive this" said the twins from earlier, snapping me out of my thoughts.

* * * * * *

There were four people remaining at the end. You, Shinobu and two others. Even though the people who started were numbered in the 30s.

"They'll be a lot of childless people from this" you said.

"Hah!! well that's what they get for being second rate trash!!" Yelled one of the guys beside you.

His obnoxious vibe just not something you particularly cared for so you just ignored him

The little girls explained to you guys how the hierarchy in the Demon Slayer Corp is set. Also letting you know that you're a mizunoto rank.

'Demon Slayer huh' sounds awfully like that one show that was popular one time' you thought.

'Could it be....? Nah that's just crazy' you smiled as you shrugged off the thought of you being in a show.

The creepy twins then asked you guys to pick an ore your sword will be made with.

"I'll have the strongest ore befitting me, Kaigaku-Sama!" The obnoxious guy yelled.

You just went ahead and picked whatever looked the best. Not that you were smart enough to think about the intricacies of sword making so you didn't even try.

"Lastly, you will be assigned your own kasugai crow that feeds you information." Said one of the twins.

As If on cue a white dove-like bird flew to your shoulder.

"What the fuck is this?" You asked.

"Hey, cutie pie" said the bird.

'I-It talks!?' you deadpanned.

"With this, you're all declared Demon Slayers. Welcome to the corps" said the creepy twins.

You're a demon slayer now. This is the first time in your existence that you've actually achieved something. All that training with Yushiro just to reach this point.

You've never worked hard for anything in your previous life, therefore you became a bottom 5% man.

But you've tasted what success feels like. You have never felt more alive, more human, your confidence and self esteem rivals that of a God.

To put all your time, hard work and focus, your sweat, tears and blood into a goal and achieving that goal has to be one of the top five feelings known to man-kind.

Such a shame, most people are too unmotivated to ever know what that feels like. Even more shame, you used to be one of them. It became clear to you as to why Christian was more successful than you.

'I see. I didn't have a shitty life. Maybe I was just a shitty man myself and blamed everyone around me. Including my parents that let me stay in their house till I was forty and masturbate away my destiny. I'm sorry, Mom and Dad for being such a shitty son'.

You let out a hard sigh as the feeling of regret engulfs you.

'But I'm lucky, lucky enough to have a second chance. I won't waste this chance. Even though I become a demon slayer. I want to go even further. I'll work hard and get to the pinnacle of the corps and then, I will kill Muzan Kibutzuji myself!!" You grinned as your heart throbs at the wake of your new purpose.

A/N- We're finally a Demon Slayer and has tasted what success feels like. How do we progress from here. Hope you have great weekdays and I'll see you next weekend!!! Adios👋! Ciao👋! Au Revoir👋!